Homemade Intercooler Sprayer

I was hoping to get some positive or negative feedback on an article I just wrote for a local car guys site. I did a DIY intercooler sprayer on my car some time back and he saw it at a local car meet. Then later he asked me if I would write a article about it and I agreed.

I feel nervous that there might be something I left out or should change. I think I included all the information, but feel free to flame me if I didn't and I will add it to the article.

I ran this set-up on my Lotus Seven and it was great. Give me some good feedback please.

LINK: http://www.enginebasics.com/Advanced%20Engine%20Tuning/Intercooler%20Sprayers.html

J. R.

.Nice job man! Very informative and easy to read and comprehend. I did see a few typos in the article, but nothing major. Heck, most of us gearheads aren't known for our attention to grammar. I too was contemplating adding a sprayer and this article certainly gave me some great ideas. I was thinking that maybe someone should put together a complete list of parts to use and perhaps even some hints like where to tap into the washer lines, etc. Either way, really strong useful information in there. Great work!

Chris

Some good info... buuuuut... the title is: "How to set-up a cheap Intercooler Sprayer". There's no how to, no step by step or detailed instructions even. Just a short paragraph on setting up a cheap one. I see this as more of an overview of why intercooler sprayers are beneficial plus tips on what fluid to spray.

Looks good otherwise.

-Robert

Some good info... buuuuut... the title is: "How to set-up a cheap Intercooler Sprayer". There's no how to, no step by step or detailed instructions even. Just a short paragraph on setting up a cheap one. I see this as more of an overview of why intercooler sprayers are beneficial plus tips on what fluid to spray.

Looks good otherwise.

-Robert

Your right the title could be a little mis-leading. I figure though most people just need the background info on how they work and how to set it up. Its true it doesn't contain a detailed list of exactly what to do and what parts. I did this so that it would be universal and someone could install this on any car. It really is very simple. You just tap the line and put a valve there so you can shut off the wiper sprayers and turn on your intercooler sprayers.

J. R.

in theory it works but in the real world,, it can have a down side,, most drag strips will flag you for any kink of fluid leaking on the track

i have actualy record'd air temps going into and out of the oem IC at idle on a 100f day , @ 1000 rpms the air out of the ic was 76 f and actualy got lower as the engine rev'd and car move'd

i've also blown compress'd air thru an IC and had water form on the out side of the ic

i have on a cold winter day found ice on the ic :)

I was talking to a buddy of mine and we have a thought. He uses acetone to clean granite. It cools and evaporates much faster than methanol. I wonder if in a 50/50 mix with water this would also work. But acetone is flamable, but so is methanol. Its just a thought though. Also I though abought the acetone might be corosive to aluminum but I don't know. Just a thought. Maybe even work in a alky injection setup. Like I said I don't know about it being corosive, it is used to polish granite after all. Some one out there has to have thought of this before.