Recovery

MoltoMario

Any of you guys get Eminem's new album Recovery? Its Pretty good album and he has some awesome songs on it. Really talks about how hes cleaned up and how F'd up he really was...Not sure if any of you are into him and his music or not, but What do you guys think?

-Mario

Edited by MoltoMario

havnt listened to it yet. is it as good as the previous one?

I think they are both different albums and I really like both of them. Overall I think theres more songs on Relapse that I like but Recovery is very good aswell

Edited by MoltoMario

I think he's one of the very few rap artist left that remain true to the roots of rap and hip hop. He's not out there rapping absolute non sense, it's real. Kind of like NWA, cept he's more like WWA! lol I like how he depicts his reality.

I like it, but then again, there's not too many Eminem albums I don't like.

Yea Encore was the only compelete garbage one. In Recovery theres a song called Talking 2 Myself. One of the lines he talks about being back to himself and says " My last two ablums didnt count. Encore I was on Drugs, and Relapse I was flushin em out!"

Edited by MoltoMario

Yeah, Encore was my least favorite too, but I don't know if I'd use the word garbage. Given a lot of the trash that was coming out in the Rap/Hip Hop world back then, I don't think it was really awful.

No love is such a beast song.. Besides the minute an half that lil s***, i mean lil wayne is rapping (if you can call it that, sounds like hes just reading somethng out of a book).. Edited by Tipsysmile

I think he's one of the very few rap artist left that remain true to the roots of rap and hip hop. He's not out there rapping absolute non sense, it's real. Kind of like NWA, cept he's more like WWA! lol I like how he depicts his reality.

He is the ONLY rapper that I will listen to.

His music actually contains some original music.

You can understand his lyrics.

His lyrics actually tell a story.

Most can relate to those stories at some level.

There is other MC's out there who do this just as well, however most of them are no where near major stardom as much as Eminem is. Most are usually underground guys whose lyrics never get true recognition because radio play these days is all about putting on some dancey sounding, repetitive hook nonsense.

How does your daughter feel when you're blasting it rapping out the beats when she's around?

I really like the song "I'm not afraid".

Edited by Fanta