SHP... what does it mean?

flaatr

Yes, I'm new to the forum...

No, I don't have a Starion or Conquest (yet)...

Yes, I have my eye on one, an '88 Conquest TSi...

No, I'm not a complete noob when it comes to cars...

No, I don't know what SHP stands for... I've looked and have an idea but nothing factual. Can some one explain SHP or point me to a link. I'll bet this is a stupid question and if it isn't don't worry, I have a lot more stupid questions ready to go.

This may also be the wrong forum to ask and if it is I apologies... did I mention I'm new to the forum?

-Raffi

WOW, the search on this site really is horrible. I typed SHP into the search thinking it would bring back a slew of topics that would have gave this guy an answer- nothing. Only way you can find some topics is if you type in sport handling package, and if you know that, then you wouldn't need the question answered.

WOW, the search on this site really is horrible. I typed SHP into the search thinking it would bring back a slew of topics that would have gave this guy an answer- nothing. Only way you can find some topics is if you type in sport handling package, and if you know that, then you wouldn't need the question answered.

Yeah I was searching for a thread to show him where to look and had the same issue...

Thanks for all the replies and making me feel better... I wasn't the only one who couldn't find anything.

The deal on the SHP car I was looking at kinda fell thru... the car wasn't worth the asking price for the condition it was in so the search goes on... if you know of a decent car in California let me know.

Back sorta on topic... were SHP's only 88 & 89?

Besides the 1" larger front and rear wheels and the adjustable shocks what else did these cars have over a 'regular' wide body? Some one said larger swaybars... Yes? Where they the only ones to have LSD diffs?

Any info or links would be appreciated.

I'll try the search again and see what pops up.

-Raffi

Yes 88/89 only , the gear shift knobs differ also with unique stitching, some with "gate" numbers and some without, some with a leather shift boot too , i also had a 89 shp through my hands that had different stitching around the steering wheel that ive only seen once and never again since.