1989 Fiji Blue SHP Auto

MI_Mitsu

1989 Fiji Blue SHP Automatic - best described currently as a roller. Needs battery, downpipe (have these), new Cylinder Head Gasket and Timing Cover Gasket. Previous owner didnt know what he was doing last time he installed it. Needs to be redone. Have heard engine crank - but wont run most likely due to lack of compression.

Hood and roof has minor hail damage. Driver rear qtr crunched a little but still repairable. Have replacement pieces already for slightly rusty rocker panels and replacement interior pieces from 88 SHP I parted. Front passenger qtr is currently replacemnt piece painted flat black from previous owner. Have the original blue qtr with a small crunch near front edge.

has new front tires.

Have your pick of spare Conquest parts I have left overfrom the 88 parting (extra $ of course)

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s17/JimNap/Starquest/1989%20Conquest%20auto-blue/2010-04-27190620.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s17/JimNap/Starquest/1989%20Conquest%20auto-blue/2010-04-27190702.jpg

$1800 OBO

Edited by MI_Mitsu

that could be a nice car if you had a lot of cash to fix it, but it looks like a parts car to me.

Sorry man, I was hoping you had a lower price than 1800 obo!!!

I kinda need a spare right now, that looks just like that!!!!

whats the other side of the car look like besides the front fender?

I need it, but you would not like what I have to offer. so best of luck to you and hopefully you can restore it, since it is

your car and you know what it needs more than us!

It's OBO. Forum guidelines require I put something in the post - so I did just to start her somewhere.

If I had the time, I'd invest the $60 or so in gaskets and replace the head and timing cover gaskets as required and try and sell it then as a runner. Wouldnt have a problem getting $2 for it then if I waited for the right buyer.

With 8 other cars - I can afford to wait. Just cant afford the time to fix her sadly.

PM me an offer and we'll go from there.

BTW, passenger side is clean besides front qtr panel - just too hard to photo agaisnt fence. Parted red 88 SHP is in front of it on blocks right now. Wont be able to reposition it for another week or so.

Jim

Edited by MI_Mitsu

• 4 weeks later...

Still have the car, spare engine w/ manual tranny, 2 extra turbos (1 a 19C listed elsewhere) and a lot of spare parts from the parted 88SHP I had. Will make a deal for just the 89, or 89 and all parts - or 89 and some parts. Just PM me.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Bump...the 19C turbo has been sold... considering offers for the 89SHP and other Quest spare parts left over from my 88 if you want them as part of a package deal.

Need to get my Raider parked behind it moved around!

Jim

Location... you're kidding right?

It's not only in my sig, but I put it in the threads subtitle... between Detroit and Ann Arbor. If you're looking for something more specific than that, I'm at work, sitting at my desk.

I'd recommend you put your own location in your own sig - it's pretty std here on this forum as it helps with estimating shipping, etc.

As for rust, the car is very solid except for surface rust on the rocker panels (have replacement red ones saved from my 88 part out) and the rear quarter panels near the wheel well which is typical.

I might be able to get this up on car ramps within the next 1 to 2 weeks. if so I'll be sure to get additional pics then if it has sold already.

Jim

Edited by MI_Mitsu

:wacko:

$1800 or best offer was to include the spare 2.6L out of my parted 88SHP, manual tranny, all other remaining parts from the 88SHP part out up to and including the 19C turbo I had - but have since sold.

If you dont want the spare engine and spare parts from the 88SHP part out, I can make a deal on just car if yhou want. But the $1800 was for everything.

PM me what your interested in (just car, car +spare engine & tranny, or car +spare engine & tranny +parts) with an offer and we'll go from there.

If you want me to fix the head gasket, etc before selling, I can do that too, but will need time and I will probably look for ~$2400. But if I do this I'd probably keep it myself.

• 2 weeks later...

another bump. pending sale on the spare manual tranny and hatch & 3pc spoiler as well as the air dam. sold a few other misc little parts.

Take the car only - $900 as-is

Car w/ spare 2.6L motor $1300

Car w/ spare motor & other misc spares $1600

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I do have an extra airdam - but not from the parted 88SHP. It was originally Fiji Blue color also, previous owner covered lightly with a flat black:

Acquired it as part of a lot purchase. It's the one-piece design with a tab that was broken or ground off at one point with a pretty good repair made. Will need further work to be of show car quality to be sure, but it's an excellent starting point and can be installed as-is:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s17/JimNap/Starquest/2010-06-15114655.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s17/JimNap/Starquest/2010-06-15114646.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s17/JimNap/Starquest/2010-06-15114629.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s17/JimNap/Starquest/2010-06-15114702.jpg

Asking $250 incl shipping to lower 48.

Have a shipping box available for this - Will have a lot of extra space to fill with bubble wrap or make shippign worthwhile and let me know what other parts you need. Will make a package deal.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I have a spare 1pc airdam -not from the 88. Was previously blue, they sprayed over by P.O. with a flatish black. needs a little work, but not cracked up - ready to be installed and used as-is if necessary.

PM me.

BUMP on the car, car + spares, car + spares & engine/tranny.

Jim

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

BUMP.... Come get her before the snow falls!

Make offer on car... car +spare engine... car + spare parts... or everything.

Also now including a new still sealed FelPro head gasket set and Timing Cover to fix the issues of this car. No time...to little room.

Jim

Forgot to mention - I have a independent hauler who can transport cars, engines & parts cheap. He already quoted this car + engine from SE Michigan to PA for $500. Not bad considering a local 30mile tow will run you close to $120 these days (dont ask how I know... :blink: ) .

So if you think you're just too far, think again. Call Dave Irwin (612-709-3150) based out of MN. Does coast to coast runs, but on his time schedule. If you're not in a hurry and want to save money, Dave is the way to go. You can Google his phone number to get references from other car forums, etc.

Happy hunting for your next project.

Jim