1989 Fiji Blue SHP Auto

MI_Mitsu

Another bump - she's snow covered now, but you can still see the Fiji blue!

Includes new rocker panels, original pass fender.

If it hasnt sold by then I will also throw in the spare airdam I have to sweeten the deal.

PM me if anyone still wants a widebody SHP roller project.

• 1 month later...

hey man, im mildly interested in the car. i do have a couple of questions though. that quarter panel damage, what caused it? was it a rear ender, or did it get hit by a pole or something? Any idea how difficult it would be to fix?

Any rust on the undercarriage? i know this was asked but i didnt see the response.

Is the interior all there? hows the condition on everything, most importantly the seats.

hey man, im mildly interested in the car. i do have a couple of questions though. that quarter panel damage, what caused it? was it a rear ender, or did it get hit by a pole or something? Any idea how difficult it would be to fix?Any rust on the undercarriage? i know this was asked but i didnt see the response.Is the interior all there? hows the condition on everything, most importantly the seats.

Sorry - i dont know what caused it. bought as is - and it looks like damage is a few years old. The bumper is intact, so i think it was just careless backing out of a driveway that caused it. I did salvage the rear quarter section from the 88SHP I parted last year for this particular purpose and will include it with the car if the new owner wants it.

Undercarriage looks pretty good except the side rocker panels - but in that case I also kept the rockers from the 88SHP. only problem is they are currently red. But they are very very solid and good condition, with no rust at all. They are currently stored in the rear trunk on the 89. Also included with car. Rest of the floors looks solid. The right front frame rail looks like it has a small rust through spot about 1/4" tall and 1-1/2" wide. i poked at the surrounding area with a screwdriver and it's all solid. Not sure how to explain the small spot but that's all I can see. The floor pans are solid.

Interior is all there. The car was a driver before the previous owner dug into the engine. The drivers seat has a slight wear spot on the edge from entering/exiting the car as is common, but the seats are otherwise in good shape and everything is there.

Here's a link to photobucket with a few more pics taken a few months ago before the snow, pics also show the seats you were interested in. And yes the car has the 16x9 rear rims.

There are a few parts I'm including with the 89SHP that I salvaged from the 88SHP part out last year specifically for this car. That and the new still-sealed FelPro head set. Besides which I have a ton of other spares from the 88SHP that I can also include if interested for a little extra from small relays and switches up to the spare running engine and manual tranny from the 88SHP.

let me know if there are more questions.

Jim

Edited by MI_Mitsu

Do you have any shots of the undercarriage per chance? you dont need to run out and grab some, im just curious, id like to see that one spot. Frame rails are solid and everything? How are the suspension components? any worn out bushings/arms, etc?

also when was it last registered?

Edited by Fuzzydicerule

Sorry no shots currently. It's hard to get any shots of it right now as it's currently parked in front of my garage where there is still no concrete... just packed sand and gravel awaiting a driveway pour (hopefully in spring). It was a pain just to scrap away the snow from the side of the car, lay down a sheet of cardboard and stick my head under there.

I'll try and get out there again in a day or so - but we're supposed to get dumped on with over a foot of snow Tue night. Hopefully I have time to get to it before then, I usually get home right at dusk.

The rest of the frame rails and floor pan sheetmetal all appear solid except for the one spot mentioned. If anything the rockers look worse, but as I said I have replacement solid pieces from the 88SHP already in the car's trunk.

As for suspension and brakes, etc... I cannot say for sure. I've never driven the car. I simply bought it last year from the kid who tried fixing it and had it trailered home. From what I've seen of some of the suspension linkage, it looks OK. He did say before he replaced the head gasket he was driving it around.

As for registration, after I bought it I got the title re-registered in my name right away, but have not had it plated at all yet. When i picked it up last spring, the kid pulled his plate off of it, so that was the last time it was registered for legal roadway driving.

The front 16x8's have new rubber on them. Cant recall what kind but they are agressive sport tires...Toyo's I think. The rears will need changing eventually IIRC.

But between the rear 16x9 rims, the new front tires and the airdam... that's nearly what I'm asking for the whole car.

Jim

Edited by MI_Mitsu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

1989 Fiji Blue SHP Automatic - best described currently as a roller. Needs battery, downpipe (have these), new Cylinder Head Gasket and Timing Cover Gasket. Previous owner didnt know what he was doing last time he installed it. Needs to be redone. Have heard engine crank - but wont run most likely due to lack of compression.

Hood and roof has minor hail damage. Driver rear qtr crunched a little but still repairable. Have replacement pieces already for slightly rusty rocker panels and replacement interior pieces from 88 SHP I parted. Front passenger qtr is currently replacemnt piece painted flat black from previous owner. Have the original blue qtr with a small crunch near front edge.

has new front tires.

Have your pick of spare Conquest parts I have left overfrom the 88 parting (extra $ of course)

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s17/JimNap/Starquest/1989%20Conquest%20auto-blue/2010-04-27190620.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s17/JimNap/Starquest/1989%20Conquest%20auto-blue/2010-04-27190702.jpg

hello, im interested in this car, please call me at 770-771-3928 eric. ps call me asap

$1800 OBO

1989 Fiji Blue SHP Automatic - best described currently as a roller. Needs battery, downpipe (have these), new Cylinder Head Gasket and Timing Cover Gasket. Previous owner didnt know what he was doing last time he installed it. Needs to be redone. Have heard engine crank - but wont run most likely due to lack of compression.

Hood and roof has minor hail damage. Driver rear qtr crunched a little but still repairable. Have replacement pieces already for slightly rusty rocker panels and replacement interior pieces from 88 SHP I parted. Front passenger qtr is currently replacemnt piece painted flat black from previous owner. Have the original blue qtr with a small crunch near front edge.

has new front tires.

Have your pick of spare Conquest parts I have left overfrom the 88 parting (extra $ of course)

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s17/JimNap/Starquest/1989%20Conquest%20auto-blue/2010-04-27190620.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s17/JimNap/Starquest/1989%20Conquest%20auto-blue/2010-04-27190702.jpg

$1800 OBO

hi im interested in buying this car. please call me at 770-771-3928 eric thanks,ps, call me asap