Bad bucking/ no power

Chrome_Rush

Alright, I thought I had this problem fixed, it wouldnt even rev past 2k rpm and the ISC was gone so it idles really rough until warmed up. I found a loose ignition wire and than it would rev all the way to redline with no trouble, installed a good isc and it starts right up and the idle doesnt hunt around anymore. I was getting ready to put insurance and plates on it, so I took it for a quick ride around the neighborhood.

Despite the repairs I made it still bucks badly and has no power past 2500 rpm or so. SO I parked it again. Everyone says its because the secondary injector isnt kicking in, and I can believe that, it makes sense. BUt I checked the injector clips and they were replaced by the previous owner, the contacts look brand new, no corrosion to speak of and they have dielectric grease in them for added connectivity. I got 2 sets of injectors with the car, and a set with the parts car I just got, tried all 3 sets and it doesnt help. The guy I bought it from cleaned out the tank, replaced all the filters and put in a new fuel pump so that should all be good. I dont see what else the problem could be, its driving me nuts and I want this car on the road so I can have some fun with it. IF anybody has any ideas please help me. The guy i bought it from pulled codes from it and got an 02 sensor code and an isc code, both have been replaced isc used, but works great, 02 sensor brand new. THe engine itself has just under 1000 miles on it.

the o2 code goes away after it warms up. i the ics needs cleared by disconecting the battery. and have you checked your base timing and your vac advance? timing is 10 deg btdc and vac advance unhooked. than suck on the vac advance hose to see if it leaks.....if it leaks at all....replace. just a start. Edited by wrngwae

NO I didnt check the vac advance, I have never owned a car with a vacuum controlled advance before, didnt even think about it. I cant find my service manual, where are the timing marks at? and which of the plug wires is #1? IF its not advancing how would I fix that? I have a whole car worth of spare parts and than some so swapping stuff out to try isnt a problem. Both my car and may parts car all came with alot of extra parts. I have at least 2 of everything.

I have a timing light, I just wasnt sure where to point it lol. I have one car where the timing marks are on the flywheel and you have to pull an access piece off the top of the transmission, ive seen them put in weird places. SO how do I know if I have a leak in the advance?

10btdc AFTER engine fully warmed up and at correct idle rpms, 850 +/- 100

too high of rpm and the mechanical or vacuum adv. comes in

The crank pulley mark is shown at TDC

http://www.b2600turbo.com/images/IM002985.JPG

Thanks for the info, I will see if thats the problem tomorrow, im hoping it is, I just want to know what the problem is so I can fix it. NOt knowing drives me nuts, I dont even care if its something thats hard to fix, I just want to know.

Alright, the timing seems to be on spec, its actually like 2 degrees off, but that wouldnt cause this much of a problem. I think it might be a fuel delivery issue after all, BUt I cant find the correct adapter to put on a fuel pressure fgauge and check for proper fuel pressure. ANybody know how to check fuel pressure on this thing?

• 2 months later...