89' Starion, black on black ..SOLD

RWDAddict

PRICE UPDATE: $1500 Last and Final.

So some of you know this car was planned to be a show car done up by the best body guy these forums have and probably will ever see, Burton. Got the car from a newbie member in New Jersey. Car is pretty clean considering it has spent most of its life in that area. For that past year it's sat at Burtons shop waiting on funding that never came to fruition. I was waiting on a customer of mine to roll out a data center and his project got put on the back burner. I don't want to keep inconveniencing Burton so she has to go.

The car like a said is in pretty descent shape and come on, it's an 89'. There are easily under 100 of these out there and especially one that runs. The car is at Burtons shop which is located in Texas. I'll let the pictures do most of the talking.

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=660

Now what $3500 will get you is a fresh paint job, general rust repair by Burton in a color of your choosing, and detailing the interior. I'd hope you keep it black though ^_^ . You can work with Burton if you wanted further work done. Maybe you can take over my dreams of restoring this 89' into a show car and Burton has the means to do it.

On the flip side if you don't opt for the paint job I'm looking for $2500 obo

As far as Burton can tell (which he hasn't done anything more than first and reverse) the car is a solid runner. After sitting six months he threw a battery on it and the car started right up. This is your chance to pick up a piece of real history and some forums WOW power, lol.

**See Burton's post!**

Edited by RWDAddict

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll leave that up to the buyer. If the car doesn't sell after a few months i'll be selling it to Burton. I can tell you I only paid $500 for shipping from NJ to Texas so from Texas to Wisc shouldn't be too bad.

Also I havn't seen the car up close so any question please ask on here, i'm sure Burton will be happy to assist. Also looking at the pictures the car has

*DM style OVCP

Component Speakers (don't know brand)

From the looks an Alpine head unit

Aluminum radio face cut-out

Aftermarket cluster boost gauge

Edited by RWDAddict

I've had some questions on the rust repair, it's more just surface rust, the paint job is more of a sand and spray for that price. If you'd like to work out more extensive rust repair that can be talked over with Burton, not that there is much to begin with but still.

I went and looked today and had to add...

mileage is 131k

CD player is a Pioneer

The tweets in the door say JBL, so I am assuming the speakers down low are too. I didn't pull the door panel to verify tho.

I'll try and drive it around my neighborhood this weekend and maybe get it up into 3rd, but it's not registered or insured so I won't take it on any major roads where I can get up much speed.

Also the scuff and shoot is just paint, no rust repair as stated above. In fact, it is just as it sounds- The car gets sanded enough for paint to stick- Rust, dents, scratches and all. If you want the rsut repair and bodywork done, and cutting and polishing after paint, you could expect to pay about $1000-1500 more.

Edited by Burton

Oh my my!!!! This is exactly what I am looking for. I know you have probably heard this but if this car is till around in a month or two I am all on it like white on rice. Im leaving my current job and going to a better paying one the first of the month. Man i wish I had the extra cash to get it now!!

Bump for ya!

Underside, doesn't look too bad just from getting on my hands and knees and looking under there. IIRC, one of the frame rails has a little rust blistering started, but nothing major. I can't say for sure how nice it is under there without getting it up on jackstands and looking under there real good. That takes time, and right now, time is money. I'll be more than happy to do it for a potential buyer, but I'd need to be paid for my time, since I'm backed up and would be stopping work on something else.

I drove the car further down in the neighborhood and got on it a few times, and got into 3rd gear with it. Shifts good, builds boost, seems to scoot pretty good. I did notice the brakes are pretty soft, but all seem to work. The clutch seems a bit soft too, but I'm also used to my ACT. The first two times I hammered it in 3rd, I could have sworn the clutch started slipping a bit, but I tried to get it to after that and couldn't. Not sure if the slipping was my imagination, or I just wasn't able to recreate it in the small neighborhood I live in. It's a 25MPH zone, and I'm sure the neighbors were hating the 40-50MPH hard launches I was doing trying to test things out.

All in all, I think it's a nice car. The body would have to be all redone to make it look super nice again, and I'm sure there are a few other things that would need to be adressed too. However, that can be said for a lot of the SQ's I see for sale for a similar price- SQs that AREN'T one of 159 made.

So some of you know this car was planned to be a show car done up by the best body guy these forums have and probably will ever see, Burton. Got the car from a newbie member in New Jersey. Car is pretty clean considering it has spent most of its life in that area. For that past year it's sat at Burtons shop waiting on funding that never came to fruition. I was waiting on a customer of mine to roll out a data center and his project got put on the back burner. I don't want to keep inconveniencing Burton so she has to go.

The car like a said is in pretty descent shape and come on, it's an 89'. There are easily under 100 of these out there and especially one that runs. The car is at Burtons shop which is located in Texas. I'll let the pictures do most of the talking.

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=660

Now what $3500 will get you is a fresh paint job, general rust repair by Burton in a color of your choosing, and detailing the interior. I'd hope you keep it black though ^_^ . You can work with Burton if you wanted further work done. Maybe you can take over my dreams of restoring this 89' into a show car and Burton has the means to do it.

On the flip side if you don't opt for the paint job I'm looking for $2200 obo

As far as Burton can tell (which he hasn't done anything more than first and reverse) the car is a solid runner. After sitting six months he threw a battery on it and the car started right up. This is your chance to pick up a piece of real history and some forums WOW power, lol.

**See Burton's post!**