CLUTCH PROBLEM

NEED SERIOUS HELP...I PUT A STAGE 2 ACT XTREME CLUTCH THAT I HAD ON MY 87 MAZDA B2000 PICKUP...TRIED 2 CONVERT IT INTO A 2.6 STARION IN THE PICK-UP...AND THE PICK-UP WAS NEVER FINISHED...SO I BOUGHT A 87 STARION WITH A BAD CLUTCH...SO I PUT DA ACT CLUTCH...2DAY I BOUGHT THE SLAVE CYLINDER THAT WAS DAMAGED...BLEED THAT s*** OUT OF THE PUMP 2 TAKE OUT ANY BUBBLES THAT MIGHT BE IN THE MASTER CYLINDER...AND STILL WONT GO IN GEAR...

I WANT 2 KNOW REALLY IF IT COULD BE THAT PRESSURE PLATE 4 SITTING 4 SO LONG LOST ITS PRESSURE..SO IF THATS Y IN DOESNT GO IN GEAR... PLEASE SUM ONE HELP ME... THANX

Edited by JayR_NYC

Pressure plate will not lose pressure...LOL What happens? Is your pedal really soft? Does it go to the floor and stay there when you let your foot off and you have to reach down and grab/pull it back? With the car off you should be able to put it into gear without pushing in the clutch and you can move from gear to gear...because there is no need to have a clutch to stop the spinning if the car is off. You probably have a tranny problem if you cannot do this.

Pressure plate will not lose pressure...LOL What happens? Is your pedal really soft? Does it go to the floor and stay there when you let your foot off and you have to reach down and grab/pull it back? With the car off you should be able to put it into gear without pushing in the clutch and you can move from gear to gear...because there is no need to have a clutch to stop the spinning if the car is off. You probably have a tranny problem if you cannot do this.

[/quot

ITS NOT DA TRANNY...WHEN DA CAR IS OFF I COULD PUT IN GEAR WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM...YES DA PEDAL IS SOFT...DA PEDAL IS SO SOFT DAT IT GETS STUCK 2 DA FLOOR SUM TIMES...IM TOLD ALOT DATS ITS A PROBLEM WITH AIR IN MY SYSTEM...2 BLEED DA s*** OUT OF THE MASTER CYLINDER...

Hey man i hope this helps.what i learn about these cars is that when you upgrade the presure plate it requires a little more energy from the hydrolic system not so much that you need a longer rod or even all that bleeding but you need to have the correct lenth on the clutch mast/cyl push rod, this could cause you to adjust it to the very edge and this my friend will drive you crazy, have you changing good parts and bleeding over and over again.If you take a look under the dash while pushing down on the pedal you will see that the nylon bushing that holds the rod in place moving up or down,if it's weak it will stop the rod from going straight out into the cylinder.To fix this you to must replace it with a new,better or squeeze the one you have on the car now to get the flex out.Sorry for the long write and good luck.

CAPS LOCK off.

Thank you.

I think the problem is you're using a clutch from a different engine. I read that you "tried" converting it...and doesn't sound very promising. Buy a clutch meant for the Starion and I'm sure it'll work just fine.

• 1 month later...

petal staying on the floor is a petal problem not a disk problem,, when you push the clutch petal the rod acts against the pressure plate,,as you let up on the petal the pressure of the pressure plate will push the slave back thus causeing the petal to come up from the floor , what you are discribeing is not haveing a full clutch petal with hyd pressures the entire way ,,

first check the master rod , many times the rubber cushion will come apart alowing the rod to bend when push'd add to that a worn out pin hole and some air in the lines and you end up with less then ideal petal travel

first off the clutch system is a pour thru meaning with the cap off the resivor and the bleeder open fluid will flow thru the master and line and out the bleeder with no petal action,, you have to have the resivor cap off when bleeding so the fluid will freely flow