VW for quest

clarkaw29

hey guys, ive been creepin around the site for a little while now and trying to do some research on these cars and decided that i have to have one. I know its not always the best thing to post in the for sale forum on your first post but i figured i would have to buy one before i could put any input on any others. so just like the description says, I have a 1985 triple black volkswagen cabriolet (black, black top, black interior) with over $2000 in parts that were just installed recently:

-raceland coilovers

-020 transmission

-clutch

-resurfaced flywheel

-raceland stut tower bar

-wheels and tires (less than 100 miles on them)

-new top (1 year old)

-small european plastic bumpers with new turn signals

-front spoiler (small duckbill)

-21mm rear wheel spacers

-10mm front wheel spacers

-thermostat

-throttle cable

-injector o-rings

-spark plugs and wires

-cap and rotor

-short throw shifter

-weighted shift rod

-ball bearing shift linkages (not installed but come with the car)

-new brake pads and rotors replaced less than 500 miles ago

-rear wheel bearings (inner and outer)

-windshield and seals

and not to mention all the hours of work that I have personally put into the car. The car currently wont stay running, my fuel pumps died and i havent had a chance to order the new ones to put them in. I would like to get $3500 obo the price is negotiable though, and i would also trade for a star/quest. Its seriously a perfect car for a first time driver and other than the pumps the car is in great shape, ive taken real good car of it and have babied it since i bought it. feel free to email me at CLARKAW29@MOUNTIES.MANSFIELD.EDU or call me at 570-337-1676, ask for Anthony.

post-17356-127463513068_thumb.jpeg

post-17356-127463532256_thumb.jpeg

post-17356-127463533974_thumb.jpg

post-17356-12746353599_thumb.jpeg

Edited by clarkaw29

I also found a set of winter wheels, they are turantula style wheels that are painted black. they have a set of tires on them but i planned on replacing them when winter roles around. they are curbed a little bit but they look great on the car. Here is what they looked like last summer on the car before i put them away.

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt359/85cabby/100_2684.jpg

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt359/85cabby/100_2683.jpg

at the time the car still had the stock fender flares and was not lowered without the wheel spacers. i also wanted to add that there is only one spot of rust on the car, about the size of a dime on the passenger side quarter panel. the floor pans are straight and completely rust free, also the car has no leaks. thanks for looking!

Edited by clarkaw29

come on guys, 170 views and no replys? this is really a great car, and i wouldnt get rid of it if i didnt have to. The price is VERY negotiable and im open to any offers as long as its reasonable. if anybody wants more pictures or anymore information i know ALOT about these cars and I can give answers to every question.

thanks for looking guys!

I got the Dub running today, im embarrassed to say it (and i know it makes me look like a total dumba $$) but what i thought was a bad fuel pump was really just that I ran the car out of gas and was never paying attention, and being that I've been working on cars for so long I completely skipped the easiest thought possible and went straight to the major problems! BUT, the car ran and drove today and it felt great to have the top down again. The price of $3500 is negotiable, and i will still accept any reasonable offers. The car is great and has had alot of care put into it. I really want to see it go to a good home. I also took a couple new pictures today just to keep interest in it.

Thanks for looking!!

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt359/85cabby/1.jpg

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt359/85cabby/2.jpg

Nice little car, makes me miss my 83 Cabriolet a little.

I'm not sure if you'll have much luck finding a trade, as for some reason I don't see too many people who are into VW's here. There's a couple guys that are into the old air cooled stuff, but I don't see much love for the newer VW stuff. Personally I love me some VW. Had a Cab., a GTI and a 16V Scirocco. My next one will probably be a Corrado.

Nice little car, makes me miss my 83 Cabriolet a little.

I'm not sure if you'll have much luck finding a trade, as for some reason I don't see too many people who are into VW's here. There's a couple guys that are into the old air cooled stuff, but I don't see much love for the newer VW stuff. Personally I love me some VW. Had a Cab., a GTI and a 16V Scirocco. My next one will probably be a Corrado.

I knew it was a long shot for a trade on here, but i really want one of these so i thought it was worth a shot. It is SOO nice to see somebody on here that likes them though. Ive put alot of work into it, its nice to see someone who knows what it takes to do the work to these. I had a GTI and a fox, and now the cabby. Hopefully i'll be able to add a star/quest to that list pretty soon!

thanks for the free bump!

No everyone here is opposed to these cars, most of the people just seem to be flat broke. I myself have had a 90 fox 4 door with the 4 speed, and a 99 jetta 5 speed. Although the 99 was a pile of crap. Expensive to fix and was always broken, even with really low mileage. I would absolutely LOVE to have a corrado, which is like a quest to most people, they would look at it and say wt.... is that. Same thing with a subaru SVX, really cool cars, nobody knows what it is though.

Yeah I always been inclined to rare cars........my first car was an 86 Merkur XR4TI.....and I would love to get someday an Alfa Romeo GTV6.....anyone like those cars too? Edited by dmdvzla

A buddy of mine actually has an SVX, but its beat to heck. Ive had nothing but luck with this car, its been great to me even after i installed all the aftermarket parts. I actually just took it out on the road for a while yesterday and it ran great. Its just time i got back into something faster and rear wheel drive. My dad just finished restoring his 73 Challenger and it makes me really miss rear wheel drive lol. The problem in my area is that no one really knows what ive got into this car because everyone wants to have a giant truck. Im gonna drop the price too $3200 though.

I remember my 81 rabbit (can't remember what summer) I had a blast with it. I love driving it everywhere and people for some reason like it. and if you got creative you could see starts at night, even in the city.http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

I remember my 81 rabbit (can't remember what summer) I had a blast with it. I love driving it everywhere and people for some reason like it. and if you got creative you could see starts at night, even in the city.http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Ive definitely had a blast with this car since ive owned it, the convertible top is nice out here in the country cause you can actually see the stars at night lol

• 2 weeks later...

I just parted with my '73 Alfa Romeao Spider... kinda to make room for the StarQuest. I liked the GTV6 and almost got one back in the day but I went with a 1984 Scirocco instead. Although the '84 is gone I now have a '87 Scirocco 16V (nothing stock) and a 1980 Scirocco (100% stock, all original 50K miles) in my garage... Oh, and I daily drive an '03 Jetta TDI... I know Volkswagens, I work on mine and have built & upgraded many others... but I want something else, I think a StarQuest would look real nice parked next to the 16V Scirocco (that's why I'm here.)

The Rabbit Convertible is a nice car and it's built entirely in Germany, not all Volkswagens are... not to mention the 1.8L JH engine is virtually bullet proof (I know, I abused one for years, in a good way).

-Raffi

Edited by flaatr