4G Swap Parts Needed

83starionT

I have the 2.0 narrowblock, bored .20 over JE pistons, Eagle rods, that i want to swap into my starion with the d50 transmission. I am in need of this transmission if anyone has one that will bolt up to the narrowblock.

I also need the Intake manifold that has been modded for RWD for the factory throttlebody.

Possibly the line needed to run the water from the rear to the front.

Have a motor from an 88 conquest. Block and head are complete, no accessories, but dont know condition. Bought as a parts car.

Let me know what ya got maybe we can work something out. Thx!

Yes this is where all my research has been done. I know its gunna be a lot of work, but i think im savvy enough. Just don't have the fabrication tools needed to make the few parts just to get the engine and tranny mated and installed. I will probably do the d50 km132 hybrid conversion to make the internals stronger. I just don't have a readily available 2.4 wideblock or the money to build another motor. This is one already set. Definatly need any help i can get. Thanks for the reply.

how much power are you planning on making with your setup

i blew my first 88/89 tranny at less than 400ftlbs of torque and 2 more since then

ive spent more trying to use the 88/89 132 than it would of cost me to get a bill housing

a lesser expencive option is the bill housing to abapt the w55 or 58 (somone help me out here) and would hold power alot better than the 132

just after looking at your list of mod to the engine it seems you have a deciently build 4g that has a very stout bottom end that would be overkill it keep the power down enuf to hold in the 132 or turn the boost up and snap the tranny in a heartbeat

i think you would have to use a wide block to use the rx7 tranny, cause you use a mazda b2600 bellhousing. aand those came with the mitsu 2.6. i think in 1987 and 1988 Edited by joey_crandall

• 1 month later...

Still in need of:

Modded intake from DSM

if someone can let one go, a 4g63 SOHC wideblock so i can at least start my swap

I have my 83 thats been sitting too long it needs to have something started one it since i just had the interior all redone before it broke down.

If you have any swap parts that would help, please let me know.

I will be pulling the stock running G54B out of the 83 if anyone is interested. It has no spark and i couldn't figure it out. but great block and head. Maybe we can work something out. Thanks a million!

i used the d50 tranny first and its definetly not a strong gear box. i broke it withing 800 miles making a little over 200 hp. but if you choose to go that route i have a extended drive shaft for when the motor is moved foward 2" and a willwood pull slave cylinder and a 6puck sprung hub falcon clutch disc. $100 and you can have it all plus shipping orf course.

if i were you i would go with one of bills bell housings for a w58 style tranny. they are cheap and abundant. you also dont have to beat the snot out of the tunnel to get it in. good luck

"I will probably do the d50 km132 hybrid conversion to make the internals stronger."

If you don't have the tools to do fabrication stuff, you don't have the tools to do the hybrid internals.

Bills adapters with a toyota trans or using a stock D50 with a tailhousing swap is where you are. Having planned this swap and researched it for the last two years, I don't recall anyone staying with a D50 once they have actually completed the swap. I suspect it will cost between $500 to 600 more initially between the bellhousing cost and transmission prices, but you will only do it once.

That being said I plan to use a D50 for a year while getting some other parts together for 4g64 build. The transmission are all over car-part.com from $250 in my area.

Yea i didn't realize until yesterday that the hybrid was such a crazy process. I have made the final decision to find a block that will bolt directly up to my transmission. I just need a block to start my build with, I just took the manifold over to the walding place today to have it modded. I drilled the other side out already and made a block off plate for the other side.

I like the sound of doing a supra tranny, but they are pretty expensive transmissions to find from what ive seen.