Good Deal on ACT 6-Puck Clutch

psu_Crash

I ran across this and thought it was a pretty good deal. The picture it shows is not correct.

How about some input on this clutch if anyone is running it. I had a 6-puck once before and it was completely unstreetable. Literally drove it 20 miles and took it out. Hoping this will be a little more friendly.

http://www.jdmhub.com/index.php?route=product/product&manufacturer_id=10051&product_id=1186

FYI: I ordered this from them last night about 4AM and got an email this afternoon basically just saying that I completed an order with them. My card has yet to be charged so it looks like "Free Shipping" = Slow shipping

Edited by psu_Crash

I didnt read the link, but if it comes with the HD PP, be prepared for it to find every weak link in the system. I drove mine for probably 2-3k miles and it is a PITA to drive on the street. It takes a lot of force to press that sucker in.

The yellow "stage 3" 6 puck sprung hub clutches from ebay (Not the XTD) worked pretty well for guys here. They did grab, but were slippable. I drove my friend's starion for the first time and had no problem easing the car into a tight parking spot. The pressure plate is stiffer than a stock style one but not crazy stiff, like others I have felt (which also broke the clutch pedal mounts [240sUx] LOL).

-Robert