New silicone line offering

jolyrgr

I have just received the first (of many I hope) shipment of silicone vacuum lines. These are the same lines that on4now4 was selling in GP form. I have made arrangements with him to buy in bulk in order to have a permanent offering when the members need the lines. In addition, I have purchased a few additional sizes to cover the other lines in the car as well. I am even able to offer a "car kit" that should cover all the rubber lines in a stock set-up. I have about 2000' of hose in various sizes and colors, and if these are well received, I will order more as needed.

http://usera.imagecave.com/jolyrgr/star-orion/new-hose.jpg

Pricing is as follows:

Red, blue and black vacuum hose by the foot

3.2mm----------------.70/ft

6.0mm---------------1.30/ft

8.0mm---------------1.60/ft-----black only in stock

10.0mm-------------1.80/ft-----black only in stock

I can also now offer a car kit similar to the ones I had before that will include

33' of 3.2 in red, blue or black

2' of 6.0mm in red, blue or black

1' of 8.0mm in black

2' of 10.0mm in black

All for $30.00

All pricing is plus shipping and any paypal fees. All orders will need to be in 1' increments (yes they will be shipped in continuous lengths unless specified). 5' minimum please.

you can PM me here or email to http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/1161/myemail.gif.

Edited by jolyrgr

How about a package deal on the sizes other than the 3.2mm? I bought a couple of sets of it from on4now4 but he didn't have the others. Can you also include which ones these replace, or where these larger sizes are located? Do these need clamps? Thanks!

How about a package deal on the sizes other than the 3.2mm? I bought a couple of sets of it from on4now4 but he didn't have the others. Can you also include which ones these replace, or where these larger sizes are located? Do these need clamps? Thanks!

I don't understand what you mean by a package deal on the other hose. The car kit should cover every vac line in the OEM configuration, other than the high pressure lines. Silicone lines are not recommended for oil or petroleum based liquids, other than the washer fluid hose and the radiator overflow hose. If I can get a car here with an OEM engine configuration, maybe I can get a few pics of the different locations.

If you see something that you want to replace, hit me up, and I will find the right size for your application.

JR

Sorry I didn't check back sooner. In your initial posting, in addition to the 3.2mm, you listed:

1' of 8.0mm in black

2' of 10.0mm in black

Since I already have the 3.2mm, I'm looking for these additional sizes only. I understand about the oil-silicone. So where are these additional sizes used? I know there are some hoses between the water pump and metal line going to the back of the engine and a couple in the water lines to the turbo, but these are only 2" - 4" each, so I didn't know if these were the other hoses these sizes replace or not. The heater hoses are molded but there are other vacuum lines for the brakes and emissions parts, that I know of. I believe the front & rear washers are included in the 3.2mm length. So I was trying to figure out which were included.

Sorry I didn't check back sooner. In your initial posting, in addition to the 3.2mm, you listed:

1' of 8.0mm in black

2' of 10.0mm in black

Since I already have the 3.2mm, I'm looking for these additional sizes only. I understand about the oil-silicone. So where are these additional sizes used? I know there are some hoses between the water pump and metal line going to the back of the engine and a couple in the water lines to the turbo, but these are only 2" - 4" each, so I didn't know if these were the other hoses these sizes replace or not. The heater hoses are molded but there are other vacuum lines for the brakes and emissions parts, that I know of. I believe the front & rear washers are included in the 3.2mm length. So I was trying to figure out which were included.

The 6.0mm line is inclused for the PCV to TB line. The 8.0mm line is for the vacuum line that goes from the intake to the air/oil seperator. The 10.0mm line replaces the vacuum line to the charcoal canister. I believe either the 8.0mm or the 10.0mm could be used for the brake booster vacuum line, but I haven't tested it to see if there is too much pull for the line there.

The washer pump hose really should use a 4.0mm line, but I have not ordered those yet (too much $$$ tied up in the vac lines this time). The 3.2 could be used, but you might not see the flow you would from the larger hose.

If you find more uses, I would like to know about them. If it is a good replacement, perhaps the car kit can be amended.

JR

The first 2 carry oil (vapors at least) so don't they defy what you said aboit oil & silicone? So will you sell the ones over 3.2mm individually, as needed?

Individual pricing was listed in the original post, and will be sold that way as well as in the kit. Not recommended for oil or petroleum based liquids. Vapors do not contain significant enough quantities to be an issue.

JR

I'm sorry. I guess it has been so long since I read your first posting I forgot you provided per foot prices. I stared out looking for a package price for all the vacuum hoses larger than 3.2mm, since its been offered before and most already have these lines replaced. I'll do some checking on the sizes for the brake booster and any others I can find greater than 3.2mm. This is thicker walled hose made for vacuum applications, like the 3.2 was isn't it? This get to be a greater issue as the id increases. Not so sure I agree on the PCV & oil seperator lines. *DM says no; Mookeh says yes.

Not so sure I agree on the PCV & oil seperator lines. *DM says no; Mookeh says yes.

If you knew the answer, why did you ask. If you want my recommendation like you asked for, then don't argue with the answer. No offence to *DM or Mookeeh, but when it comes to my offerings, I really couldn't care less what they think. They decide for their products, and I decide for mine.

I test things thoroughly before offering, ,either personally, or thru trials/recommendations of members here. I would not sell an item for a location that I was not confident it would work. If you have any reservations in the quality of my word or products, don't buy...simple as that.

Thank you for your purchase,

JR

I asked where the hoses were used. You were the one who volunteered "Silicone lines are not recommended for oil or petroleum based liquids..." and then provided 2 applications where oil (or as I qualified "oil vapors") passrs. I somply stated that 2 other major suppliers had opposing points of view on these lines. I didn't pass jusdgment, but simply stated what I concluded from these 2 creditable sources. -that there was disagreement which left me undecided. I'm not exactly new at this either. And how does your statement: "I believe either the 8.0mm or the 10.0mm could be used for the brake booster vacuum line, but I haven't tested it to see if there is too much pull for the line there.' support "I test things thoroughly before offering, ,either personally, or thru trials/recommendations of members here."? Sorry if I hit a nerve, but I see a lot of inconsistancies, ands only 1 posting by someone else on this thread. And it wasn't a purchase.

Are you really this obtuse?

Not everyone that buys, feels the need to post in a forum announcing it to the world. If, while looking for your inconsistencies, you had bothered to actually read the posts, you would have seen that these are the EXACT same line that was sold by another member in GPs here, with excellent reviews. The additional sizes I acquired were sent to a few owners, to ensure they will perform to the standards they need to, in the applications I stated they were intended.

"Not so sure I agree on the PCV & oil seperator lines. *DM says no; Mookeh says yes." sure sounds like a judgment to me.

"The 6.0mm line is inclused for the PCV to TB line. The 8.0mm line is for the vacuum line that goes from the intake to the air/oil seperator. The 10.0mm line replaces the vacuum line to the charcoal canister. I believe either the 8.0mm or the 10.0mm could be used for the brake booster vacuum line, but I haven't tested it to see if there is too much pull for the line there."

The ENTIRE statement to which you refer on the 8.0mm and the 10.0mm states that the line was intended for the spots listed, and due to their performance there, I believe that one of those sizes COULD possibly be used in the other location which you had suggested, then stating that I had not tested it to confirm. How is that then an inconsistency? In all actuality, I have used line that is similar in construction and size on another car in that very location, and it is performing fine.

If you would have further read, you would have seen...

"If you find more uses, I would like to know about them. If it is a good replacement, perhaps the car kit can be amended."

...showing that I have not tested every possible location for lines in the car, and will consider other suggestions/recommendations.

It is not worth it to me to continue these discussions with you for the possibility of maybe a $1-$5 profit. I suggest you contact Mookeeh or *DM in the future.

JR

Edited by jolyrgr

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...