WTB: Sun roof open and close mechanism

Vnomous1

Gang, I need the sun roof open and closing mechanism. I have not taken the one I have apart to see what the deal is, but it just spins and spins and will not open or close. I could also use the sun roof trim (NOT the seal). Please let me know if you have one and how much you want for it. I use pay pal and shipping will be to zip code 28311. if you bother to respond, PLEASE LET KNOW HOW MUCH YOU WANT FOR THE PART, thanks. Edited by Vnomous1

Just a FYI the lead screw that is connected to the knob is probably broken off. It happen to me...sucks the whole part is made of plastic so years of heat causes the plastic to get brittle and break. I hope you find one as i did in the forum but i don't open my sunroof any more since i'm afraid to break the knob again.

Just a FYI the lead screw that is connected to the knob is probably broken off. It happen to me...sucks the whole part is made of plastic so years of heat causes the plastic to get brittle and break. I hope you find one as i did in the forum but i don't open my sunroof any more since i'm afraid to break the knob again.

OK, I guess I will have to have a look at it and see whats up.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a couple of options... I'll sell you a brand spanking new one for $500 or you can just go to this LINK and buy it yourself for $73.50.

Love me long time? http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Waiting to hear from another rmember out west, but if that does't come through, you just might get it! LOL!! Hopefully, they have it or it can still be ordered. Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Waiting to hear from another rmember out west, but if that does't come through, you just might get it! LOL!! Hopefully, they have it or it can still be ordered. Thanks man, I appreciate it.

It's been a couple years but I ordered one from them and it didn't take long too get it. I had looked and looked for a decent used regulator but couldn't find one. Those old screws are a bi-atch to get out. I think I ended up just drilling the heads off and then using a pair of vice grips to unscrew the thread. They send you new screws with the regulator. It was just so nice to be able to open and close the sunroof properly.

GL with the search.

I've the mechanism that you're looking for, seal, sunroof glass, roof, ect. I'm in socal and willing to meet up with you.

Rob9099085313

I've the mechanism that you're looking for, seal, sunroof glass, roof, ect. I'm in socal and willing to meet up with you.

Rob9099085313

Oh, you'se got jokes? LOL! Meet up? Are you coming to North Carolina? Thanks man.

Because there are alot of izuzu's around to snag parts from... Do you have a pic of the part in question, I just picked up a parts car with the sunroof and it works fine. THe rubber trim around the glass is shoot but the open/close mechanism is fine. ITs total different from the one in my other quest. Im assuming one of mine is aftermarket, not sure which one though. IS the factory sunroof removable? THe one in my quest (not the parts car) is fully removable.

there is only one factory style,as far as i have ever seen,and it's removable...the dial type...if it's a push up style latch it's actermarket.i don't know about the impulses but my wife's 1994 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4X4 v6 has the exact sunroof Edited by notfried