UK 300/300

Bearing in mind in UK we readily fill up on 97/98 octane pump gas, what do you think is the minimum you would have to do to achieve 300/300 hp/lb feet and is it possible on TBI do you think?

My girlfriend wants to keep up with Evo's lol as she's quite a driver and her Starion project is about to get some tool time and a new head. But the shopping list is growing :unsure:

Chris

you guys have i different octane rating system. i think your 95 is equal to our 91.

Ah right I always laboured under the thought our fuel and barometrics made a difference over here. makes this tune a good benchmark then.

Looks promising I wonder how crucial the equal length header was, I know from experiance propper flow builds torque incredibly well. makes for a very interesting read looking at that graph.

Edited by Drive-By

A lot of the guys I've talked to, and those that posted in that thread from what I recall, said it was mostly in the cam and turbo.

Cool that makes it sound ever more do-able. I have been looking at some internals and an M28 from DAD and then carrying out polish/port/match in to out coupled with a descent T3/T4 for starters. But this seems to lay some of my worries to rest over MAF issues.

With hp ~260, but tq a strong mid 300s, some TBI 2.6s have ET high 12sec quarter mile, using bolt-on mitsu turbo upgrades & stock cam.

Will that "keep up with Evo's" ? ....or u must have "300hp" ?

With hp ~260, but tq a strong mid 300s, some TBI 2.6s have ET high 12sec quarter mile, using bolt-on mitsu turbo upgrades & stock cam.

Will that "keep up with Evo's" ? ....or u must have "300hp" ?

May keep it on par, torque will always win out. The Evo's will be quicker in the bends but rarely do you find a driver who does more than straight lines.If shee can hold her own I think Liv will be happy.

• 1 month later...

Looks like this ones got the green light now, parts coming together thick and fast.

I dug out a set of my old rods and they're away getting peened, polished and balanced, got a spare set of ARP's for those too I never used. A marnal head just got hear thanks to Trackone and a set of Wiseco's from QuestBYU too. Also a box load of timing gear, BSR and gaskets from DAD.

Just the head gasket,head studs and some odds n sods then it should be a go for the motor.

Been reading up on MAF-T and 1G MAS, all pretty confidence inspiring so far. Hopefully she'll have a real fun toy when I've got her all back together.

No doubt Liv will add to her build thread as we go along.

Chris