buddy just got a mustang

bha280

He got it yesterday for 2500 and I was stoked to have a buddy with a kinda quick car (my friends all have trucks) for some friendly competition. Mustangs are what I want to beat and knows it. After he got it he called and said my car was way faster, I don't race a lot so I didn't believe him. He took me for a ride and it was tired as heel. Has k&n and exhaust and supposedly a shift kit but man my car would of killed it. He was kind of dissappointed but it gives him a chance to modify so he's a little optimistic. And now I can laugh at his 5.slow as he's getting beat by a four banger

if he wants to mod.it,tell him to check his rear end gear.more than likely hes running 308 gears.373 gears will help alot and still get pretty good milage.also check the timing stock setting is too low.if he really wants to bump up the power then hes gonna have to do a head swap.thatll get him closer to you Edited by tim si

He got it yesterday for 2500 and I was stoked to have a buddy with a kinda quick car (my friends all have trucks) for some friendly competition. Mustangs are what I want to beat and knows it. After he got it he called and said my car was way faster, I don't race a lot so I didn't believe him. He took me for a ride and it was tired as heel. Has k&n and exhaust and supposedly a shift kit but man my car would of killed it. He was kind of dissappointed but it gives him a chance to modify so he's a little optimistic. And now I can laugh at his 5.slow as he's getting beat by a four banger

are you runnin a maft-t???i didnt see it in your sig...if not,you need it.

with wat you have done already,,,you will see huge gains...and youll put a hurtin on that rustang

i remember having the mods you have,,then i put the maft-t on,,and was astonished,,,cause there

was not one mod that gave me that much extra power,,,it was a fun day,to say the least...

Boosted88tsi had a Vortech Supercharged 92 5.0 and that car was SUPER fast and it wasnt even tuned. I cant image if it had a good tune on it. It also had like every maximum motorsport suspension upgrade including coils and handled damn well tooo!

if he wants to mod.it,tell him to check his rear end gear.more than likely hes running 308 gears.373 gears will help alot and still get pretty good milage.also check the timing stock setting is too low.if he really wants to bump up the power then hes gonna have to do a head swap.thatll get him closer to you

whats the stock setting for timing and what would be a safe setting?

and after great discussion with a few previous mustang owners we determined it has .308 gears.

are you runnin a maft-t???i didnt see it in your sig...if not,you need it.

with wat you have done already,,,you will see huge gains...and youll put a hurtin on that rustang

i remember having the mods you have,,then i put the maft-t on,,and was astonished,,,cause there

was not one mod that gave me that much extra power,,,it was a fun day,to say the least...

No maf-t. I really want one but there are other things that need done like turn rotors, new center link and alignment, new rad fan, and a few other small things. I don't have a job now so everything is on hold.

3.08 in an auto? That's horrid, I didn't know they put anything that low in autos at all! for auto's people usually go 4.10, 3.73 is usually more the choice for 5 speeds. Long tube headers (BBK), x pipe, cat back, upper and lower intakes, CAI, sparks, wires, ect, new heads, ect

a nice heads/cam/intake will really kick it in the butt (after a good tune up of everything, all new fluids, plugs, wires, ect). if he's staying 302 and staying N/A, 165-170 heads are usually the norm. 282/292 cam (or custom if possible), and a trick flow upper and lower intake. Don't go with a letter cam from ford, aside from a loopy idle it won't get him very far.