My MPI Build

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

might be a bit much, but have you ever thought of doing the runners at a rear and upward angle, like the injector positions on the Magna intakes? then have the runners curve back down into a plenum, just a thought I've had for a few years, not sure if it would be worth the hassle though.

I say just put a small angle in the runners. Something around 30 degrees would do the trick. Then you don't have to take the studs out to remove the manifold.

btw diggin' the avatar. 3 good looking SQ fanatics right there! B)

Please enlighten me as I will be building one as well. I have a 4in plenum and 24in of 1 5/8in pipe. I plan to have it mandrel bent 20in at 180 degrees to have 5in sections with a 45 degree bend in them. If you could tell us what was wrong so I don;t make a similar mistake.

What thickness are you going to run. I picked up 1/8in. I do not plan on having the curve on the back of the plenum. Also would curving the runners up to clear everything cause a problem. I am not trying to thread jack, just really excited to finally get this thing going.

my runners and 4 inch plenum are 1/8th inch thick. my flange for the head and the bottom of the plenum are 3/8 inch thick and dont do the curve just angle it is what i was told. and i have no idea about curving the runners i didnt get to that design yet.

So you are saying to just angle the runners from the firewall towards the front of the car.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t168/food28/roughintake.jpg

The left side is how I would imagine the runners should curve. The right is what I was getting from your description.