pissed off.

asap

the rad wasnt full when i took it off, also since i have hydrolic lifters, whats the easiest way to get the air out of them without taking them off, or do i have to take them loose and clean them, they do not look dirty i looked at them before the car was even started when i was setting the ignition timing. i noticed in the link indiana gave the tool they say to use is like 40-50 bucks and u rick messing up some ball in the lifter if you push it in too far... anything around the house that could work? safty pin, needle? lmk!i also have a small oil leak i have to figure out where it is coming from i think oil pan , but i will dealwith that after i get the gasket and throttle body on.

the rad wasnt full when i took it off, also since i have hydrolic lifters, whats the easiest way to get the air out of them without taking them off, or do i have to take them loose and clean them, they do not look dirty i looked at them before the car was even started when i was setting the ignition timing. i noticed in the link indiana gave the tool they say to use is like 40-50 bucks and u rick messing up some ball in the lifter if you push it in too far... anything around the house that could work? safty pin, needle? lmk!i also have a small oil leak i have to figure out where it is coming from i think oil pan , but i will dealwith that after i get the gasket and throttle body on.

Oil leak could also possibly be from that fitting being uncapped

When you remove that hydraulic lifter assembly, be careful and PAY ATTENTION! A tip is to cut the tips off of latex gloves and fit them over the lifter tappets, as they will fall/slide out.

Edited by Fanta

Oil leak could also possibly be from that fitting being uncapped

When you remove that hydraulic lifter assembly, be careful and PAY ATTENTION! A tip is to cut the tips off of latex gloves and fit them over the lifter tappets, as they will fall/slide out.

ugh. never done anything like this before. hondas are mechanical, this is so different from what i am use to. so what can i use to get air out aside from the mitsu dealer part? and is it just as simple as poking the lifter while its in the car and thats it? probley not though... nothing is ever that easy.

I would say to replace the lifters with new, or try the cleaning that Indiana posted. Get the original Oil seperater system back on there and the problem should go away. Start with the oil seperator system. The noise might go away after you get that working correctly. added crankcase pressure will cause noise.

I would say to replace the lifters with new, or try the cleaning that Indiana posted. Get the original Oil seperater system back on there and the problem should go away. Start with the oil seperator system. The noise might go away after you get that working correctly. added crankcase pressure will cause noise.

but it wont blow up thought im assuming right? im gonna sell the car anyways, too much of a headache and i'd like to see her especially because of its rarety go to a better home.