WTB: 87 starion dash with clear title

slideways

OK i am first off not pointing any fingers let that be clear. That being said i bought a car on here and the title is so messed up. I live in TN and they wont tag it or anything and mike(19cturbo)got pulled over in the car the night we toke it out to test all our time and hardwork. So at this point i need the new dash to get it taged so i can drive it.

Thanks cody

OK i am first off not pointing any fingers let that be clear. That being said i bought a car on here and the title is so messed up. I live in TN and they wont tag it or anything and mike(19cturbo)got pulled over in the car the night we toke it out to test all our time and hardwork. So at this point i need the new dash to get it taged so i can drive it.

Thanks cody

Question, how will a new dash help as this would have that vehicles vin number. I'am presuming the vin number is missing from the left side of the dash panel. If police are checking vin number, there is a ID plate on drivers door jam with vin number for the vehicle. If I'am misunderstanding your post and you need a dash gauge package ie: speedo/tach etc. I can help you there,

slide, what do you have saying the car is yours? obviously not a title, but notorized bill of sale? anything like that? I had a similar problem with mine and went thru this company to get a new title ect.

http://www.getnewtitle.com/terms-of-use.html

I was skeptical at first, but they came thru just as promised. I then took the maine registration to the tag office here and got it all transfered to NC, nice and legal like. It took a few weeks, but it was way easier than trying to switch out VINs and Dashes.

BC_99

ok see the problem is that the woman that had the car first sold it to a guy who signed his name as the buyer that he sold it to a person on here. That person sold it to me in that shape with the title(with the other guys name on it) a bill of sell(not noted) and a copy of the guys DL. That being said i have never even seen the guy that is on the title and the car isnt stolen so i dont want to trust something i have a lot of time a money in to someone i have never even talked before as all the people i talk to tell me to get him to title it than as him to seen me the clear one. The way the new dash helps me is by replaceing my dash plate with the clear title one and i can tag it. Idk how they do it where you live but they never check vins here.

Time to do a little research. Do you know any cops in TN that you can talk to about this? Any chance of getting in touch with the gal whose name is on the title? If that's an option, have her sign you off on a bill of sale and maybe that'll suffice to DOT enough for you to get a lost title when you transfer. The other guys are right though, the VIN is all over the place on our cars. If you had every tag that you could swap...MAYBE it'd eb ok, but if you're gonna pour your heart, soul, and cash into the car it'd suck to lose it to the state on a technicality.

Worst comes to worst call Secratary of State and tell them you've been looking to buy a car from a gal who can't find the title to it. Ask them what YOU'd need to do to get it all legal, if she didn't want to get involved. Don't tell them you've got the car yet.

ok yes i do know cops all over the area(i repo cars on the side so you get the cops called alot lol)and i have talked to them all. With the woman there is no way to get a hold of her do to the fact that she hasnt had anything to do with this car since 06 when she sold it and she is god knows where by now. Also i have never seen or talk to this woman that dose not live in this state. Next the vin is all over the place but it is an 87 they will not check all the vin if the car isnt reported stolen in the system which i have checked and it is not, Also i had a meeting with a lawyer yesterday and he more or less told me i messed up. With all that in mind i am left with a car that yes i have put my heart soul and any cash i can in that will never move due to a lil paperwork. So now i am asking everyone for there help to release the beast by finding me a clear vin plate. Plz that is all i am asking.

thank you cody