Redline 50WT Racing oil (15W-50)

88FIJIQUEST

Has anyone tried Redline synthetic 50WT racing oil? According to some tests I was reading about it's better than Royal Purple, and it also has the added Zinc for a flat tappet engine. Please let me know if this oil is worth it?

Has anyone tried Redline synthetic 50WT racing oil? According to some tests I was reading about it's better than Royal Purple, and it also has the added Zinc for a flat tappet engine. Please let me know if this oil is worth it?

Good thought and post. I have talked to Dave from Redline on the phone several times. Super nice guy and is always able to help. To answer this, The full race oils they use are not for daily driving. Reason is because they do not have the detergents that oils need for stop and go traffic. The oil you stated above would be great for a straight race car of any sort seeing the continuous high reving and balls to the walls driving. So from the master at Redline himself, he would not recommend these non-hypoid oils in a street car. Use the High Performance Hypoids like 5w30 -10w30-ETC. I use them when the pocket book allows, and bar non the best!!!!! If you would like to know why they are the best it is because the base stocks used in there oil are the ones that are used to lubricate jet turbines....

If I owned a jet engine, I'd throw in some Rotella T 15w40!

I use redline transmission fluid in my car, it seems to work fine. I like the brand, and I bet the engine oil is very nice too, but that heavy weight synthetic is so expensive. I payed over 7 bucks a quart for Mobile 1 15w50 and a premium filter and a week later I had to drain it out and pull the engine, lol. If you live in a cold area, just get some 10w30 for the winter, and 15w40 or 15w50 for summer.

Good thought and post. I have talked to Dave from Redline on the phone several times. Super nice guy and is always able to help. To answer this, The full race oils they use are not for daily driving. Reason is because they do not have the detergents that oils need for stop and go traffic. The oil you stated above would be great for a straight race car of any sort seeing the continuous high reving and balls to the walls driving. So from the master at Redline himself, he would not recommend these non-hypoid oils in a street car. Use the High Performance Hypoids like 5w30 -10w30-ETC. I use them when the pocket book allows, and bar non the best!!!!! If you would like to know why they are the best it is because the base stocks used in there oil are the ones that are used to lubricate jet turbines....

Hey thanks for the quick response and good answer. Exactly what I wanted to know, and I will definitely keep this in mind as I get closer and closer to making my quest into strictly a track car. For now I'll stick with Mobil 1 15w-50, or maybe some Royal Purple.

• 5 months later...

[/quote

THEREs NOTHING BETTER THEN ROYAL PURPLE...DA COMPANIES BEEN OUT FOR YEARS...NHRA CAR HAVE USE ROYAL PURPLE...V8 ENGINES USE IT A HOLE LOT...

i use redline in the Harleys and royalpurple in the quests...like 'em both and they both perform really well

i also use rotella in every engine i build for the 1st 100 miles

Edited by notfried