maft help please

garychoffmann

Well, I'm trying to get my car on the road. I got a maft used. Unfortunately he had spliced off the 1g connector and made his own for some reason. Can someone tell me where the wires go? Thanks and I hope someone can help me with this. Also, how do you have yours set up? Thanks in advance

Check in the Starquest FAQ Forum.

CALIBER 308

Well, unfortunately I couldn't find the information I need. I'm also beginning to question if this is a 1g talon maft.

I have 5 wires going to the old mas connection. I've figured out this much

Pink is 12+

Black is ground

Green is frequency signal

Brown is air temp

Grey is barometric

I'm just wondering if someone happens to know the color's of the factory harness that I tap and their corresponding values.

I need to know:

PINK 12+ Goes to-

BLACK Ground Goes to-

GREEN Frequency Signal Goes to-

BROWN air temp Goes to-

GREY Barometric Goes to-

If someone can help that would be awesome!

bueller, bueller, bueller.......

Starquest FAQ Forum, Page 1 Topic: 1G turbo mas conversion by Boosted One.

If you wire your stock mas plug wires to a 1st gen mas plug, it's plug and play to the MAF-Translator. One more question. Are you wanting to run a MAF-T set up, or a 1st Gen Mas ??? Either way, it's the same wire configuration.

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

Hey caliber thanks again, but here is my issue. My car has the factory plug cut off and it was strangely hardwired to a 1g mas. I then received a maft with the harness cut off. So I need to know what the wires actually are. No plugs to connect, it has to be hardwired. I could convert my harness over to a 1g plug. I have extras, but I need to know what each of the wires are for so I can hook it up to my maft. Does that make better sense. I've noted what the maft wires are for, I'm just looking for the corresponding wires in the harness. Nobody labels what the wires are, just the colors to connect together. Thanks, but unfortunately I went theough that thread a few times just looking for the wire designations but couldn't find anything that had all the wires. Thanks for trying to help but I'm afraid that converting my harness to a 1g is only half of the problem.

O.K. Here is a picture of the stock plug below.( I know, I need to take better pictures :lol: ) Colors are as follows:

From top row Left to Right:

White/Black= AFS.

Red= 12 volt.

Green/Red no.1= Sensor power.

Bottom row, Left to Right:

Black/White no.1= Ground.

Black/White no.2= Barometric Pressure.

Green/Red no.2= Air Intake Temp.

To see the correct hook up to the 1st gen plug, go to the Starquest FAQ Forum.

Hope this helps,

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

Thanks Cal, it did help. My findings are below incase anyone else ever has to hardwire a maft.

Stock plug(Wire color) - 1g plug(wire color) - maft wire(color)

White and black - Green to blue - Green

Large red - large red - pink

green red -- green red -- not used

black white - green black - Black

black white - green yellow -- grey

green red -- green orange - brown

Hope this helps anone who runs into the same problem.

Edited by garychoffmann

• 1 year later...

terminal useage is the same for both the dsm and quest air mass,,but the wire colors are diff from one to the other in same location,,that means you can not wire same color wire to same color wire,,the oem quest has two wires the same color, one goes to the tps and the other to the ecu,,you'l need to check each wire to see where it ends or trial and error ,,it won't run witht he wire'd switch'd very well

i'd sugest geting a quest connector that way the wire colors is same to same except for the two of same color,, the 7th pin you bend down out of the way, and snip the plastic so the oem quest connector will plug in

Thanks alot man now I just need to figure out why mine isin't working

On an 85 mas plug it looks like. Per the wiring diagram.

Air temp--Green with red stripe

Power-----Red

Ground----Black

Air Flow--White with black stripe

The baro comes from the pressure sensor i guess. Maybe no need to hook the maft baro output up on an 85? I do not know for sure.