Rocker assembly

tsi_tom

I have noticed that if I do not heat up the cam towers then the cam towers scrap the bolt holes in the rocker arm shafts. This leads to metal shavings in the rocker shaft. Twice now I had to reclean the tower and shaft because of this. To get around this issue I heated the cam towers up to 250 degrees in a toaster oven.

Anyone else have heat up the towers to put the rocker arm assembly back together?

typically the rocker shaft bolt holes are misshaped and need dressed.I always file them and wet sand the shafts. Bore brush the towers and rockers. Oil and reassemble. But thats me. Otherwise, yes. Most if not all used assemblies have that issue.

typically the rocker shaft bolt holes are misshaped and need dressed.I always file them and wet sand the shafts. Bore brush the towers and rockers. Oil and reassemble.

This

It doesn't hurt them at all to deburr the bolt holes.

typically the rocker shaft bolt holes are misshaped and need dressed.I always file them and wet sand the shafts. Bore brush the towers and rockers. Oil and reassemble. But thats me. Otherwise, yes. Most if not all used assemblies have that issue.

I did wet sand the holes with 1000 grit. Even then the hole are a little high. I need to get a fine file. How are you using the bore brush as the ends of the rocker shafts are sealed?