Set Belts tripping fuse? or delay Fuse? ~Resolved!!!~

importwarrior

i have been cleaning the seat belt tracks. it seems they have either blown a fuse

i cannot find or something else. once it got cold out the problem started.

what happens.

clock does not work BUT background light lights up when lights are turned on.

head lights do not pop up BUT lights are on

dome light does NOT work

Horn does NOT work

hazards do NOT work

of course seat belts don't work

thats all i found so far.not working.

problem went away but as soon as i opened the

passenger door and the seat belt started to move it died again.

i removed the battery cable and still didn't resolve the issue.

i checked all fuses under the dash. they are all fine on my meter.

any suggestions?

Edited by importwarrior

i know the ETACS was working great all the way home.

from further diagnosing, i believe it is related to the motor

stress of the slow moving seat belt on the passenger side.

once it moves it trips something. could be a bad fusible link.

i just purchased a new set of links.

i am also trying to lube the tracks up.

Thanks

Well i figured out what was killing the power to the clock, popups, seat belts, dome light.

and a few other things.

The red fusible link on the left side " Fuse B" in pic below. seems to be an intermittent problem.

the actual fusible links are not present but from Left to Right it is " g R br r " letering is worn out.

hit one bump it goes out hit another it is back up again. i tapped the fusible links holder and could tell

that the power was cut by checking the dome light and clock. this weekend i will be removing this and

cleaning and checking all the contacts. i will also use dieelectric grease. i am just glad i figured it out.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d182/Professor-Quest123/Batt%20Pos/PS-200.jpg

Edited by importwarrior

Thanks

found what it was. closed the hood and it went out. now i was trying to put the car away for the night and could not close any windows....

fighting me till the end. i had to wiggle the fusible link to get it to work again. close windows and all else. then power off the car.

any little vibration or bang on anything and it would go out. i have yet to get in there for a good look. could be a wire rubbed

through the shielding- coating on the wire grounding shorting out on something. honestly i love working on these cars.

It is like a love, hate, dred, kind of relationsship. :wub: :angry: :wacko: :huh:

• 9 months later...
What was the final solution? A new link or a new box, or ground for the box? I have very similar symptoms... HVAC panel lights go out, seat belts stop, windows stop. Very intermittent - seems door slamming or clutch pressing made it go on/off. Edited by boostd92