$7000 89 Starion

I think I'd prefer one of the 1990 Conquests to the 1989 Starion - I have only seen two in 20 years.

They are all Red 5-speeds. Production date of 6/89 making them a 1990 with the correct Vin code for a 1990

Edited by SRT6

I think I'd prefer one of the 1990 Conquests to the 1989 Starion - I have only seen two in 20 years.

They are all Red 5-speeds. Production date of 6/89 making them a 1990 with the correct Vin code for a 1990

Source for all this information? I've been decoding SQ vins for years now, and this is the first I've heard about this. The only "1990" SQs were ones sold overseas and they were only 1990's because of the way those countries do registration. Even then, there would be no Conquests sold over there.

EDIT.... I misred your post anyway. A car built in June of 89 would make it an 89, a car built in July would be a 1990.

Edited by Burton

Well considering people won't even pay $3000 for my 89 mpi starion, everything is overpriced.

Our cars will never have any value as long as people aren't willing to pay more than $2000 for a 1 in 160 ever made car. Prob less than 50 on the road

Well considering people won't even pay $3000 for my 89 mpi starion, everything is overpriced.

Our cars will never have any value as long as people aren't willing to pay more than $2000 for a 1 in 160 ever made car. Prob less than 50 on the road

I don't think these cars will ever increase in value until people with larger wallets start taking interest. It seems the new crowd is broke newbs to go along with the partially broke established members and an occasional fat wallet wannabe who we all get to buy discount parts from after realizing they don't know what they are doing.

Edited by marso

I don't think these cars will ever increase in value until people with larger wallets start taking interest. It seems the new crowd is broke newbs to go along with the partially broke established members and an occasional fat wallet wannabe who we all get to buy discount parts from after realizing they don't know what they are doing.

^ This

I wrote a long post about money, collectabilty and support; But it started to get off topic. As the owner of cars all over the spectrum of support and mean owner income, really the one thing to remember is that value of a car is perception. If we want these cars to survive and them to be valuable, they have to be seen and we have to keep the viable.

Starquest aren't the performance bargain they used to be. Parts are getting rare or NLA and the old G54B lump is way past its prime. They will have survive the next stage via their good looks and other qualities. As owners we need to get into the mindset of seeing every drive in public as an investment. We are keeping up the exposure of these rare cars. Once they are forgotten, they are over.

I think the years of the fat wallet performance oriented owner is coming to a close for Starquests. There are fewer of such buyers entering the market these days; And too many more competitive choices. If ours cars are remembered and make it to the next stage, as collectables, then they'll be back into hands with some money.

Source for all this information? I've been decoding SQ vins for years now, and this is the first I've heard about this. The only "1990" SQs were ones sold overseas and they were only 1990's because of the way those countries do registration. Even then, there would be no Conquests sold over there.

EDIT.... I misred your post anyway. A car built in June of 89 would make it an 89, a car built in July would be a 1990.

I think so also. The title would be suitable for framing for yo wall at home!

:)

Slim Jim