This is a page from the '88 manual. Sorry, it is kind of big. It gives the colors and positions of the wires in the connector for the ignitor at the bottom of the page
. I only have the '88 ignitor and its part of the connector. I don't have any of the harness side or its part of the connector. The wires coming off my ignitor do not match what this page says. Only some match. Maybe this is showing just the harness side of the connector? Do the wire colors change from the connector to the ignitor?
Here are the colors that are coming from my ignitor......
all of the following wires are covered and bundled together with a rubber sleeve.....
- a yellow and a white wire (2 separate wires at the connector) that are wrapped together with their own black cover farther down.
- one red that also has a cover farther down.
- another red, but not covered.
- blue wth a white stripe.
- dark gray looking or black.
- a light orange color or kind of peach color.
- and 2 light greenish wires. one is lighter than the other.
That makes 10 wires (and pins) total.
1. Could someone with an 88/89 ignitor look at theirs and see if the wire colors change when they cross the connector at the ignitor?
2. If they do change, please list them here and what color they are connected to on the harness side, and if possible the location in the connector? (specify whether you looking into the connector at the actual pins or looking at the back of the connector at the wires)
White 89 TSI,carbon fiber 83 style hood, *DM superbuild, FIP Hurricane, DC Performance tuned, 321 hp 400 TQ to the wheels on 91 octane with a 18g @ 28 PSI.
We gonna bump it up to a "WHOLE NUBBA LEBEL"!!!