D 50 tranny

jwbrocloud

Ok, so say I had a quest with a 4g63 swap in it but the guy who did the swap did not go with the 4g64 wide block but with the 2.0 liter narrow and bolted a d50 tranny to it. I am thinking that when i rebuild the engine i should go back with a wide block and swap back in the starion tranny. My question to yall is is it worth it? Or will the d50 tranny hold up well to my fully built narrow block??? Has anyone run the d50 tranny for a while? And with what results.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Ok, so say I had a quest with a 4g63 swap in it but the guy who did the swap did not go with the 4g64 wide block but with the 2.0 liter narrow and bolted a d50 tranny to it. I am thinking that when i rebuild the engine i should go back with a wide block and swap back in the starion tranny. My question to yall is is it worth it? Or will the d50 tranny hold up well to my fully built narrow block??? Has anyone run the d50 tranny for a while? And with what results.

Thanks,

Jonathan

From what i have read they don't hold up well. A 88/89 starion trans will do better but, A Bill housing is probably the best bet for a long term solution.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.p...c=82080&hl=

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.p...c=82168&hl=

• 2 months later...
the t5 is a better buy than supra tranny, more part to upgrade, stronger, same weight as starion tranny, no modding of tranny tunnel got atleast 10 more reasons. get the one fom the turbo coupe its hydraulic, for cable the 5liter will do.

• 1 year later...

the t5 is a better buy than supra tranny, more part to upgrade, stronger, same weight as starion tranny, no modding of tranny tunnel got atleast 10 more reasons. get the one fom the turbo coupe its hydraulic, for cable the 5liter will do.

So the t5 bolts up to the narrow block 4g63 without an adapter plate.