Jump to content

    Houston, I have a problem. No systems go. (Solved!!)

    blue89quest
    By blue89quest,
    Ok, I have an electrical problem.   Last night I drove around for like 2.5 hours and everything was perfect, all lights worked, radio was fine, etc...   Then, today, I was headed over to see about getting a job, and my radio (alpine CDA-9811, not stock) shut off, I thought maybe it had overheated and shut itself off or something. I tried to turn it back on but nothing happened, then like 2 or 3 minutes later, it came on.   It did this a few times, sporadically as I was driving today.   T

    Stock Stereo & Equalizer Lights

    Starfighterpilot
    By Starfighterpilot,
    I've got an '88 ESIR SHP that I bought new off of the car delivery trailer at the Mitsu dealer back in Jan 1988.   She is completely stock with the exception of a BSE. I want to keep her that way and not change out the stereo.   For about the past 3 months I have noticed that the lighted buttons have been going out, one by one, in the Volumn, Step, Scan, Fast Forward, Rewind etc section of the stereo assembly.   I've looked in the shop manual to try to find what bulbs go in those places but cam

    doing coilovers, what else to replace?

    kev_rm
    By kev_rm,
    I'm getting ready to do art's coilover kit, and was wonering while I've got it apart are there obvious things to replace while I'm at it?

    EDIS & Stock Tach Fix

    kev_rm
    By kev_rm,
    This may also apply to other DIS systems -   With the stock tach wire hooked up to PIP, mine was jumpy and NEVER worked at high RPM. The fix is to simply remove the capacitor filter inline on the stock wiring harness (the little gold module). Poof, it works great now.   My thoery here is the PIP signal (which does NOT need a filter because it's not subject to the primary voltage spikes) is too weak to pass filtering under some conditions.   Lots of folks have used a couple zener diodes on t

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS
×
×
  • Create New...