Hum coming from rear end ?

ovenfresh

Hey everybody, tried searching for rear end info or wheel bearings or humming noises, and as of yet can't find any info. Sounds like a hum or whining noise coming from passenger side rear wheel area. Was wondering if anyone could give me some info on what to look for before I start tearing into it. Or any info that may allready be on here. The noise gets worse as I accelerate. Thanks.

Hey everybody, tried searching for rear end info or wheel bearings or humming noises, and as of yet can't find any info. Sounds like a hum or whining noise coming from passenger side rear wheel area. Was wondering if anyone could give me some info on what to look for before I start tearing into it. Or any info that may allready be on here. The noise gets worse as I accelerate. Thanks.

try swapping the tires from one side to the other and see if the noise changes or moves, may be a chopped tire

I would use a $5 stethoscope from harbor freight or a broom handle or something to listen at different spots while the wheels are turning. Put the back end off the ground and cruise. Could be internal differential, wheel bearings, halfshaft CV joint, or brakes. New tires shouldn't do that.

Ok its def. the wheel bearings, pulled the axle from the spindle and you can definitely feel the pain. Haven't yet pulled the spindle off or apart hope there's nothing else in there that can get stiff and farked up. Thanks everybody for the input.