Climate Control Quit Working

dart67

Any one had a problem with there climate control stop working?I have replaced 3 face plates,2 computers that are connected to the face control and checked the blower motor.The face wont light up or make the blower work but it still beeps and switches the flaps for defrost and floor.I dont know where to go now so has anyone had this problem before?

Check to see if your dash lights work. Bet they don't. Sounds like you've toasted the dimmer swicth (rotory jobber by your left knee). Have you by chance put a stereo in lately? Sometimes folks tend to find the hot lead to that dimmer and wire in their head unit, and the extra load kills the dimmer. My 88 had the same problem when I got it. Changed it out, been fine ever since.

A couple of days ago i turned my heater on and noticed the front vents were not blowing very hard and the floor vents were. When i switch it to floor, front, or defrost the the heat only comes out of the floor vents. I dont know if it got stuck on the floor vents or the blower motor is missed up. if anyone can help i would appreciate it.

A couple of days ago i turned my heater on and noticed the front vents were not blowing very hard and the floor vents were. When i switch it to floor, front, or defrost the the heat only comes out of the floor vents. I dont know if it got stuck on the floor vents or the blower motor is missed up. if anyone can help i would appreciate it.

So a search here on the foot/face actuator. It is prone to wear out from the age. It is what controls the direction of airflow thru the vents.

JR