4k wall

19cturbo

what could be causing me to have like a 4 k wall, i can hold it to the floor and it wont go past 4k, its like a two step, lol, but if i take it down the road i can baby it up to 4k then lay on it and its fine, or sometimes it will hesitate right around 4 then pick up and go on, ive replaced plugs wires cap and button and even tried a different maf with no changes, could it be the knock box causing it, it is an 87, sometime it will seem to do better after i drive it for a bit, then sometimes it seems to do worse, i think im gonna try a later knock box and see if that helps it any, i know i have to rewire it but ill be fine... any info is appreciated..

thanks mike.

Yes that might be the ignitor causing that. You have a large fuel pump, what is going on with the regulator and what plugs you using at what gap and what coil? Are you loosing boost out that BOV? What does the Air/fuel gauge say when this is happening?

Yes that might be the ignitor causing that. You have a large fuel pump, what is going on with the regulator and what plugs you using at what gap and what coil? Are you loosing boost out that BOV? What does the Air/fuel gauge say when this is happening?

i have an aeromotive regulator in it, running 40psi at idle, the bov is working fine, and the air/fuel says it running in the 11-12's so i dont know, as of right now im thinking its either the igniter or the tps, could the tps cause it to do this,... and im running ngk bp7es gapped at 35..

How much boost and what cam?

Does it seem to be better if you are in a lower gear and max out the rpms before you shift?

most times i cant get to high rpm, it wont go past 4k..

dual stage on boost, ive tried it at 10 and 15, same both ways, sometimes it seems to do better once you get past 4 k, but then sometimes it just wont do it, today i tried getting up to speed and down shifting to second and it reved to like 4700 but dtill had the wall, but it seems like most times the longer i drive it the better it gets, im suspecting the knock box has moisture in it and once it gets warm it picks up and runs bettter.. im open to all suggestions, could it be the distributer itself? the fuel seems to be fine, it raises with the boost as it should...

Mas pipe have a tear?

U using a 1g mas? Is theplug on upsidedown?

How about the turbo does it spin ok?

mas pipe is metal, not rubbr, im using a stock mas, and its pluged in correct, and the turbo spins good as new.. very light amount of shaft play side to side none front to back.. i have an 89 knock box im just hunting down the harness for it now..

ok, so today i decided to swap injectors seems i have a spare set, so i took the spares clamped some clear hose to the top, and ran a 9v batter to them after i filled the hose with carb cleaner, the sprayed good, i done this a couple times to make sure they were clear, then i took the injectors out of my car, and proceded to do the same thing with them to see what happens, well once i filled the tube and hooked the power to them, they sputtered then sprayed fine, so i let them sit for a bit and went out and ran some more cleaner through them, they seeemd to be working fine now, however i still ran the spare set in the car, but i think they were just a bit clogged..

but the car is fixed, no more 4k walll, thanks to all that helped me..

So you changed the injectors and that fixed the 4k wall issue?

yes, i pulled them an ran some carb cleaner through them, the kinda sputtered, so i swapped them with a spare set and it runs great, now im gonna send them off and have them cleaned and tested to see if they are good, but swapping the injectors fixed it,

i would also like to add, that i did ohm the injectors while they were in the car and they both ohmed out great, but the secondary wasnt kicking like it should have..