Down pipe install and HKS exhaust

yamahlr

Bought an exhaust w/ downpipe, midpipe w/ new cat and HKS rear exhaust. How do you properly disconnect the pipe going to the orig downpipe w/ precat (believe this is the EGR? )It goes to the knockbox. There is no provision for this pipe in the new downpipe. Also,I have a new HKS system and seem to be missing two mounting brackets (hangers) which bolt to the threaded flanges welded to the pipe and muffler. Anyone w/ a HKS system have an idea what I need? I've tried to call the vendor and HKS but no response as yet. If this is going to be a long drawn out process I'll reassemble the car w/ the factory system. Thanks Much! Walter

ok first off that metal pipe extending from the factory dp is not an egr and it does not go to

a knockbox. its a fresh air injection system and its not needed. junk the pipe and the box.

its been a while since I sold my hks exhaust but I don't remember it having any hangers.

ok first off that metal pipe extending from the factory dp is not an egr and it does not go to

a knockbox. its a fresh air injection system and its not needed. junk the pipe and the box.

its been a while since I sold my hks exhaust but I don't remember it having any hangers.

Don't junk it if you have smog checks every year.