Dog Surgery woessss

iamlew

Anyone know how to help out a dog that just got surgery. She's crying a lot, and it's starting to give me a massive headache =p

I gave her the pain pills the vet gave me and the only time she was quiet was when I forced her onto her side. She snapped atme but once she was down she was fine, but I have a very hyper dog and she hates laying there.

Not much I can I suppose just thought I'd see if anyone had some ideas to ease her pain =)

She tore a ligament and had to go under the knife and get her bones tied together

I feel your pain. My mom has a little Bischon that hurt its back...well...as hyper as the dog is, it wasn't allowed to even run around.

So...the vet gave us some sedatives. Worked for about two days...then, he was immune to them.

So, we had to hold him in place, or put him in his cage where he'd constantly yelp. :(

she got up and walked in a circle and realized she can't lay how she wants and finally layed back down. She's quiet for now. I feel so bad for her lol. Even though I spent $1500 I didn't have

Maybe some "Humbolt County" grown will relax her a bit. I had a friend that woudl do that with an A.D.D. Pug, he'd chill for ours afterwards....but then he'd be really hungry!

But the prescribed pain killers should do it.

Yep feel your pain. Ended up just laying on the floor for days with mine. Totaly feel you on the vet bill to. They double ding me for everything with my dog cuz of his size. If he gets put under double charge cuz of the amount it takes, heatworm and other pills I have to get the one for the 100 pound dog and the one for the 50 pound dog since they dont' make them in larger sizes then 100 pounds so it costs me twice for everything.

Today she's doing very well. I;m proud of her =)

Only whines when she moves, and I think that's understandable. I'm letting her on the bed at times too, that calms her a lot, and she stays super still. Taking her out to pee is fun, I have to support her with my leash around her belly but she doesn't use her leg so I think I'm lucking out now. I didn't sleep all night but this morning she fell asleep then I got home and my GF said she was fine from then on.

The vet her is super nice I got a chance to meet him finally. They cost a lot but they do use the best for my pet, Laser cutter, gave her an IV with morphine before I got her lol, and some codeine to take home. I found out they offer free boarding after surgery during hours too which helps me out since I'm in school. The vet also told me since he's the owner if I couldn't fit my schedule to get her the weekly shots she needs he;d come in after hours and do it for no extra charge.

Hope your dogs are all fine soon =) such a relief having her okay, but man I could seriously use that money. The quest only ran me $1100 lol

My step mother in law is a mobile vet so we get a good hookup on vet bills. I hope you dog heals quick. I know I just had surgery a few months back and i would have been yelping all night to if I couldn't say what i wanted.

good luck

all pugs have a.d.d for the first ten years