Wiring all fans to come on at the same time

rocheman1

Looking at this thread, the first couple pictures:

http://starquest.i-x.net/viewtopic.php?t=1...sc&start=25

To make sure I understand right, those are the two connectors on top of each fan? And all I have to do to make all three fans engage with the first is put a jumper between the red primary and the yellow secondary wires?

I'm putting in my new water pump tomorrow and figured I'd do this at the same time.

Easiest way to do it is how I did mine. The bottom of the radiator are the 2 thermosensors. There's only 1 wire to each. Jumper a wire from one of the thermosensor wires to the other thermosensor wire. You're done. I actually have mine that way because my high temp sensor is dead. I just unplugged the high temp sensor and jumpered between the 2 wires so now both fans are on when the low temp sensor triggers.

im doin this too. just run a wire from one fan to the other? that simple? i been messin with that for awhile. i have a wire from previous owner that had it set up so both fans were on when ignition is and i loved it just cant figure how to wire it correctly. when i think i do, i start my car and none of them are on....

im doin this too. just run a wire from one fan to the other? that simple? i been messin with that for awhile. i have a wire from previous owner that had it set up so both fans were on when ignition is and i loved it just cant figure how to wire it correctly. when i think i do, i start my car and none of them are on....

You can actually do it with the ignition by putting a paper clip jumper in the AC fan pressure switch connector. It and the lil one will come on with ignition and the big one will still run off thermo sensor. I wouldnt recommend this unless its a quick fix to get you home though.

"Wiring all fans to come on at the same time"

I know what you're thinking "keep everything cool under the hood" BUT what happens to your alternator on a rainy night when it has to support Headlights, tail lights, wiper, defogger/heat, radio and all the fans running at the same time??? If cooling is the objective, a nice clean radiator and the primary fan coming on intermittently usually keeps everything within operating temperature.

I have a brand new 3 core radiator. The car stays cool until I idle for a bit in hot weather and then starts to creep up. Now that both fans come on when the primary hits, they run for about 30 seconds and it cools back down. Before the primary would just run and run and run and the secondary wouldn't come on until it was at at least 2/3 on the gauge...

"Wiring all fans to come on at the same time"

I know what you're thinking "keep everything cool under the hood" BUT what happens to your alternator on a rainy night when it has to support Headlights, tail lights, wiper, defogger/heat, radio and all the fans running at the same time??? If cooling is the objective, a nice clean radiator and the primary fan coming on intermittently usually keeps everything within operating temperature.

Well my primary and secondary fan come on intermittently as I have the system set up at the moment AND I supplement my stereo draw by having a 1.5 farad cap in parallel with the battery so any excess draw is really a moot point as the cap takes the initial impact that would be damaging to the alt and things keep running nicely.

Now if all fans were running all the time I can see where that may cause an issue with the alternator but coming on intermittently as the system was designed to do should cause no problem whatsoever.