Looking to trade for Conquest

Woody426

Hello, I have been lurking here for quite some time. Kind of a funny thing, I take my family to Pigeon Forge every year for 4th of July and I always make it a pint to come by and check out the the cars during your meet up. I was parked next to a nice red one at the Food Lion, red with what looked like black BBS wheels. black fender welting on three out of four fender wells, whoever that belonged to...great ride. I was 18 years old in 1986, tried to buy a new Conquest at the local Chrysler dealer, not enough credit at 18 to get that loan, I have been through countless "toy" cars since then, Jags, Chevelles, a 40 ford, even a string of pre 60 beetles. I am looking to trade my latest addition for a Conquest, I have a restored 1958 European Beetle, I know, I know VW's suck, I have just always had a soft spot for the little fools. The car is pretty sweet, not perfect if anyone might be interested, I am just outside of Louisville KY.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w150/woodyxjs/lid0044444448.jpg

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w150/woodyxjs/58bug014.jpg

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w150/woodyxjs/58bug010.jpg

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w150/woodyxjs/58bug011.jpghttp://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w150/woodyxjs/58bug008.jpg

Not perfect??? What isn't perfect about it? Looks in a WHOLE lot better shape than my '72 Super. Too bad you didn't post before Nationals I would have stopped by on the way through Loiusville and let you have a ride in mine.

Wow dude that is nice, i love them old vw's and i don't think there junk at all, good luck finding a quest to trade i would keep that sucker though.

I have a couple more Bugs, I would never get out of them. I have just always wanted a Conquest, preferably Red with black interior, but beggars cant be choosers.

Edited by Woody426

Wow dude that is nice, i love them old vw's and i don't think there junk at all, good luck finding a quest to trade i would keep that sucker though.

72 Super, ahhh a fat chick, if you know Beetles then you know that this being a semaphore car WITH its original working semaphores, its something special.

Yes I noticed that. I'm still trying to figure out what exactly isn't perfect with that car. ALMOST tempting to trade for it but the GF would KILL me and I don't think I could go without my quest. I've put too much blood into that car.

And yes I know I've got the fat chick but she runs like a champ. Now to get the body fixed so I can jack her up and replace the rear brake cylinders. Besides you can't beat getting a running bug (minor work was required to get it inspected), 6 boxes of spare parts, 3 fender, a rear deck lid, brand new headliner, 3/4 of the glass spare, a bucket of CV axles (4 total I think), 2 extra doors, and a full set of spare rims not to mention an engine that has a more aggressive cam, the glass pack high flow exhaust, and the progressive carb setup for only $450.

Edited by Big Al

Yes I noticed that. I'm still trying to figure out what exactly isn't perfect with that car. ALMOST tempting to trade for it but the GF would KILL me and I don't think I could go without my quest. I've put too much blood into that car.

Well the thing that keeps it from being a 18-$20'000.00 car is the back window, the guy I got it from grafted in a pre 52 split rear window, basically ruined the value of the car. Its cool as hell because you just DO NOT see split window Bugs this far east, but it would be worth more if it still had its original rear window.

AH ok I hadn't even caght that one and likely never would have if you hadn't pointed it out. Wouldn't be too incredibly hard to actually revert back though would it?

Nahh not hard at all, a little cutting, a little welding, mud it, then hit with high build, block it, and shoot it, I do have a half gallon of paint to go with the car, so at least you could match the paint.

I am in the market for a bug for my family...Check out my album and see what you like. The orange crush sold... I was just talking with my wife earlier about the turn signals on those cars... Get back with me... Call or email... 912-579-2752

Thanks!

Tony

I am in the market for a bug for my family...Check out my album and see what you like. The orange crush sold... I was just talking with my wife earlier about the turn signals on those cars... Get back with me... Call or email... 912-579-2752

Thanks!

Tony

How many do you have ? I am looking for a running driving car, I looked through your gallery, looks like you have several project cars, any running driving complete cars ?

I'm really tossing this one around. I have an 89 Conquest, red with black leather interior, 170k on the chassis and around 50k on the motor. Has a few small issue I'm in the process of getting fixed, but its a solid car. I can get you pics if you'd like.

What all is done to this Beetle?

I love your beetle. Do you have a cash price to buy it? I am interested.

This may sound strange, but I would really just rather trade the car. In the past when ever I sell a car with the plans to buy a replacement it never seems to happen that way, I end up spending some of the cash on my other cars, the wife always wants some of the cash for other things........ the car I sell never seems to get replaced.

I'm really tossing this one around. I have an 89 Conquest, red with black leather interior, 170k on the chassis and around 50k on the motor. Has a few small issue I'm in the process of getting fixed, but its a solid car. I can get you pics if you'd like.

What all is done to this Beetle?

All chrome is new.

All the fenders are new.

The entire interior, headliner to carpet and everything in between is new. Even new window cranks.

The car was painted a while back, by no means a show paint job but very presentable.

New wiring harness.

New hub caps and trim rings.

Every piece of weather stripping on the car has been replaced, even the inner and outer window felts.

New battery.

New muffler.

Adjustable beam.

Lowered one click in the rear.

Man if only you wasnt so far away and I thought my car was what you were looking for, well it is what your looking for, but not in as good shape as your bug.

Distance is a state of mind.......... wow that sounds very new age :hmm3grin2orange: send me some pics.

man! i love the late 50's and early 60's models.! :wub: some people over here on the west cost would go ape shyt for that car just because of the split window set up! thats just freaken awesome right there!. i read that you said that it has an adjustable beam, is it a narrow beam too or is it still at stock lengths? is the brake set up still OE??, or did you convert it to disc with the wide 5 lug spacer patern??

man...i want my 62 back now.... :(

Daniel