Valve retainer

eipquest

I need at least one valve retainer from an old solid rocker head the retainers are different than the hydrolic ones ,we are putting the motor together and we are short one if anyone out there has one please let me know thankx in advance. Rob Baker.

Well, I have the square groove retainer but I would hate to break up a set just for one. These are NLA from Mitsu. The best place to get them is the pick-n-pull type salvage yards. You being in the big city will surely yield one from any one of those yards. All the '80's model 2.6L Caravans, mighty max, Raider/Montero's with the mech rockers have them.

When I travel, I sometimes have time to browse the yards. The last 2 yards I was in, both had a set. I even left a set behind because the head looked decent and I didn't want to separate parts from it. That was in Phoenix a couple of months ago.

Anyway, I know if you go to a local yard, you will surely find one that takes only the VC and one hammer swing to remove. Chances are very good you will find a full set, cam and all for cheap.

I'd rather keep mine in sets because I sell them with the roller cam that needs the longer valves to properly preload the lifters. I get $50 for the sets and can do that, but that is not my preference since I have a cam that needs them.

I don't know, I guess if no one else comes up with one and you still need it, I can ship one to you FOC. Another member was looking for a set a couple of weeks ago and could not come up with one on here. I like to urge people to look in the yards since that is the main supply for them now and that probably won't last long.

Well, I have the square groove retainer but I would hate to break up a set just for one. These are NLA from Mitsu. The best place to get them is the pick-n-pull type salvage yards. You being in the big city will surely yield one from any one of those yards. All the '80's model 2.6L Caravans, mighty max, Raider/Montero's with the mech rockers have them.

When I travel, I sometimes have time to browse the yards. The last 2 yards I was in, both had a set. I even left a set behind because the head looked decent and I didn't want to separate parts from it. That was in Phoenix a couple of months ago.

Anyway, I know if you go to a local yard, you will surely find one that takes only the VC and one hammer swing to remove. Chances are very good you will find a full set, cam and all for cheap.

I'd rather keep mine in sets because I sell them with the roller cam that needs the longer valves to properly preload the lifters. I get $50 for the sets and can do that, but that is not my preference since I have a cam that needs them.

I don't know, I guess if no one else comes up with one and you still need it, I can ship one to you FOC. Another member was looking for a set a couple of weeks ago and could not come up with one on here. I like to urge people to look in the yards since that is the main supply for them now and that probably won't last long.

Thanks for the info , it is for the red tubed out car that we have we just did a complete engine rebuild and thats all we are short , but we will try that.