AC removal

• 3 weeks later...

wait a minute...i should tear those two things out from behind the glove box too? i dont know where to start with any of this....

i was gonna bleed off pressure, and cut the line by the fire wall that leads to the compressor and remove it. then, id have to get that special bracket from professor quest to remove the huge heavy bracket. thats what i can do right now right??

wait a minute...i should tear those two things out from behind the glove box too? i dont know where to start with any of this....

i was gonna bleed off pressure, and cut the line by the fire wall that leads to the compressor and remove it. then, id have to get that special bracket from professor quest to remove the huge heavy bracket. thats what i can do right now right??

Why cut the line just to remove it? That line is no longer available. If you're going to remove all of this stuff, might as well not hack it all to pieces, and let someone that is interested in having A/C have the stuff. Sad thing is all your car probably needs is a recharge that you could do yourself for $40 and 15 minutes of your time.

o alright i will search for a better way to remove this as not to damage anything. idc if its all i gotta do is recharge it. i wouldnt use it if it did work. ill never sell this car anyway either. is there somewhere for me to dicsonnect the line running to the compressor? i only have seen it cut from the POS quest i bought that had no AC

well, yeah i removed all the AC components from under the hood minus the big black bracke because i dont have that bracket from a non AC truck or whoever sells em. Unscrewed it all today and removed it. i didnt get anything from behind the glove box yet. how should i go about this the easiest??

and thanks for all the help man

The easiest is to just leave it in. Really, it's not worth the effort. You will never notice a difference if it is there or if it isn't.

If you really want to remove it, look in the factory service manual so you know where all the screws are. You don't have to remove the dash to get the evap core out, like the heater core requires. Unless you're like me, and are a little guy, prepare to grow a second elbow.

• 2 months later...