Just Bought My Conquest, Need help getting parts!

Killtodie

Hi everyone, I just bought my new 88 Conquest TSi yesterday and I would like some help from you all to gather required parts. I’m currently at work where I shouldn’t be using the Internet for personal us. I am way to excited to wait till I get off so I would like for someone to please do some homework for me if you can.

So Black 88 TSi, cloth interior. I’ve been asking some members around and visited the parts section for a few needed parts, but besides that I need a to replaced a lot of things on the car.

So here are my problems/things that need to be replaced

Need new shocks, will probably keep the springs.

Handbrake doesn’t lock the wheel in place, rear pads are worn, will need new brake all around.

Steel braded brake lines

Need a new air intake, just a hard pipe with K&N Filter

Car needs almost all the hoses replaced, I saw a few member selling silicone radiator hoses and such but where can I get other needed piping, or is there a kit that comes with everything or someone here selling em.

Besides that a few things don’t work, windshield washer doesn’t spray, I hear the pump go, might be a lose hose or clogged, haven’t looked at it, although the battery just sits on top of the reservoir, pretty sure the batt mount is missing.

Cruise control won’t work, lights up but I cant set it

Besides that the car has a issue where a few hoses disconnected and now it wont boost or go above 10mph, I was able to reconnect the hoses but no luck. Engine seems to choke when I give it power. I’ll provide pics of the hoses ones I get home, the main one was from the air tube that goes over the engine block to what I think was the blowoff valve, the one towards the back.

Since I am at work and cant research this, can you folks please provide me links to the needed objects, I was informed that only one company still makes shocks and such, Mookeh but I cant find their website. I will greatly appreciate if people can post and recommend me parts that I need to get this project started. Mainly brakes rooters/pads, shocks (maybe springs), lines, air intake. Direct links to product/ebay page will be most appreciated and would save me a LOT of stress by not being able to find these on my own while I’m at work

Thanks everyone!

Here are some pics, the circled red is what popped off

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/4087/71255194.jpg

The Conquest in all its glory

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/5795/88369884.jpg

Dont know what that was, maybe just used a T valve and closed the other opening, but the blue was a replacement

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3387/34456543.jpg

whatever that was came undone

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/1511/95367465.jpg

this blew 200 miles before the noted issue, just got torn off, wrapped it around a bunch of times with heavy duty electrical tape. boosted to 12 afterwards

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/9942/80378255.jpg

this was the main problem I think

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3015/18825913.jpg

the circled thermal is broken and leaks. I need to get that replaced first

Here is a video of the problem

Edited by Killtodie

First off, what city are you in?

Personally I would focus my money and time on getting the car to run properly before I even looked at anything else not working on the car. Pictures say a 1000 words, many pictures say many thousands of words. Check to make sure your vacuum hoses are like the diagram under the hood. Also brittle hoses leak at their junction points, so 35' of vacuum hose and an afternoon replacing them one by one is in your future. If they are correct, then your power problem could be with your fuel system. In order of cheapness, check the filter in your gas tank, replace the filter in your engine compartment, then get your injectors tested.

All the other stuff, between here and E-Bay you should be fine with the rest of the stuff.

Im in Chicago, I do plan on getting the car running first, IE replacing all the hoses under the hood is step 1.

fuel filter and fuel pump is brand new. I do think its something with the turbo/air filter/vacuum hose. I can rev up the engine high, just dont get any boost when I do that.

Besides that I do wanna know what other parts I need and how much they are going to run me

Edited by Killtodie

the car will not build boost while reving the engine, the turbo has to be under LOAD to build boost.

you need to follow the link in my signature and get yourself familiar with this car. SOS manuals will be your best friend.

good lord that car has been hacked to death. i can count SEVERAL THINGS that dont look right.

1. remove that red silicone hose to the brake booster (that thing has to be colapsing under pressure)

2. clamp the air box down

3. for the love of god remove all that tape from the turbo inlet hose and get a new one if its cracked and leaking

4. looks like the themo sensor you have circled is the one on the thermo housing (if so thats for the AC, fix the leak)

5. where in the HELL is the 02 sensor? and what is that jammed in the hole where its supposed to go?

6. replace the FACTORY injector clips

7. that hose that comes of the OVCP goes to the wastegate actuator, if it has three nipples you want hooked into the one closest to the motor in the row of two, cap the other one in that row, leave the third one open.

you are a LONG LONG way off from bolting on ANY PERFORMANCE items to this car. after, and only after you make it run 100% in stock condition do you try to "make it faster"

your driving a rolling death trap if you are driving that car as it is right now.

Edited by cyberquest

Im not putting any performance anything in it yet, just things that need to be replaced aside from teh horrors inside the engine.

Sorry, I'm not huge on cars, I have some friend who are going to give me a hand in this and teach me along, so I will ask stupid questions... Please be patient :)

which red hose to the brake booster? IE what does look like

there are a TON of lose items there, the air intake is one of em, windshield washer reservoir, the radiator fans are held in place by two screws.

no O2 sensor as the car has no muffler or cat.

what are the injector clips? the fuel injector harness?

can you show me how the wastegate is supposed to be hooked up and to what?

and as far as "performance" part so far im only looking to replace the damn air intake cause that stock thing is trashed. So the tape will stay in place for now till I get a whole new air intake system, car aint being driven anywhere

I saw the pics of your car, looks awesome, wish I could paint mine over :(

besides that, what you got going on with the intercooler and all that piping is what I want to replace mine with, did you buy it all separately or as a kit?

also, what bolt sizes that hold the radiator in place, windshield washer, the clips on the engine block for the hoses.

I also have no battery holder, its just sitting on top of the windshield washer reservoir, which is probably why that doesnt work

and I also drove the car 750 miles so far.

See my web album for more detailed engine pics

http://picasaweb.google.com/Killtodie/1988ConquestTSi#

Edited by Killtodie

I have tons of parts on my 87 parts car.... I'll go through and get you a list of what I can see you need and shoot you a price on the whole works as a package....

And your still going to need an O2 sensor for the ECU to monitor for your car to run right.

Edited by DzNutz

looks like fun fun fun..............vacuum hoses, then fuel filters-there is a cone filter in the gas tank, trust me, it sucks a$$ dropping the fuel tank to get it out, but it sucks more a$$ replacing your fuel pump and the three or four other things that would cause a lack of gas under boost like that little $1.50 fuel filter would. Don't forget that filter is in there. Electrical is going to entail cleaning some ground wires, replacing some fusible links, replacing the injector clips and cleaning connectors. If you do all that before you start asking what's wrong with your car on here, it should be a piece of cake to diagnose your car.

Oh and that thermal vacuum switch that you have circled is at least $65 (three years ago) at the dealer, ask around here to see if anybody has one.

Edited by mistapickles

I have tons of parts on my 87 parts car.... I'll go through and get you a list of what I can see you need and shoot you a price on the whole works as a package....

And your still going to need an O2 sensor for the ECU to monitor for your car to run right.

Thanks, In the meantime Im getting a new air intake (temporally), battery housing.

I need to find out why the O2 sensor was removed if its related to there being not catalytic converter

im getting a new thermostat housing as well. Fuel filter and pump was replaced

Edited by Killtodie

Dont really need a cat but DO need the O2 sensor for the ECU to "read" what needs to be done with the fuel.

I have the intake complete with good MAF and accordian hose. I have all the various screws and bolts you need as well as battery tray anf thermostat housing if you need em. Looking at the radiator... do you know why the car was overheating? As this may lead to more trouble

Dont really need a cat but DO need the O2 sensor for the ECU to "read" what needs to be done with the fuel.

I have the intake complete with good MAF and accordian hose. I have all the various screws and bolts you need as well as battery tray anf thermostat housing if you need em. Looking at the radiator... do you know why the car was overheating? As this may lead to more trouble

I'm already getting a new air intake, hose, thermostat and battery housing for $80 from other members. Radiator fans work fine, they are just missing bolts that hold me in place. Car is not overheating, seller said fans kick in @ 180 and they do.

The only thing that I really need is new hoses ALL around, replace missing bolts and new air intake system, I will be leaving the intercooler and turbo as is, maybe getting the turbo ported.

What I need is a whole new front end, bumper, air foil, grill, headlight housing.

I have a guy who is able to do all this for me, besides that I need new struts, bushing kit, brakes, lines, maybe springs. I cant find a full bushing kit though that includes spring cups, or just where to get em separately.

I do not know why the O2 sensor was removed, but where it was was welded shut, so there is a reason. Maybe ECU was replaced or flashed, I dont know. I'll find out. Let me know if you have any of the front end parts in black avaliable

Thank you for helping :D

I got Factory Service Manuals vol 1 and 2.

just really need to find someone who is selling the front end

Yes, thank for linking that, amazing info, I'll have my guy look into all that!

Edited by Killtodie