Seat Repair

deez

Okay, so this is common so I figure someone out there has a fix. The seat bottoms on the 88 and 89's has the problem with the spot that buckles and points up and pokes your arse. I looked into it a bit, and it appears there is a plastic strip sewn into the leather that is the culprit. Now, is there any way to fix this other than recovering the seats?

Okay, so this is common so I figure someone out there has a fix. The seat bottoms on the 88 and 89's has the problem with the spot that buckles and points up and pokes your arse. I looked into it a bit, and it appears there is a plastic strip sewn into the leather that is the culprit. Now, is there any way to fix this other than recovering the seats?

x2 ... anybody?

About six months ago someone said they ripped the stitchings that secure the plastic to the seat and it did not affect the upholstry. I do wonder if that is going to lead to the seat "sagging" on him since the reason for the plastic in the first place was support.

The plastic was stitched to the seats and over time the plastic maybe gets hot now and then and starts to shrink. When it shrinks, since it is stiched up, it causes warping and results in those bumps you feel because it is the high point of the warping. This is just a rather uneducated guess on my part, however. IF that's the case, I'm not sure how you would fix it and preserve the structural support of the seats without some real tailoring work.