Intake port hose blown off

Its been a long time since i've worked on the quest, please refresh my memory.

This port, which a hose from the pcv ran to (my krankvent), seems to be blowing off under boost (not for sure, but hearing air rushing under boost from somewhere, although it is definitely blowing off).

Can boost reach this large port?

http://www.longblogs.com/longblogs/gallery/conquest/intake%20port.jpg

Dirty i know, any advice on what to clean this with would be helpful too, although i havent really tried to clean it either

Thanks

That hose barb is just screwed into the open chamber of the throttlebody under the throttle plate is sure does see boost. You can still get the OEM PCV valve and hose -get them.

Isn't the point of the krankvent to eliminate the oem pcv? It is a heavy duty one way check valve that only allows pressure from under the valvecover to vent out, nothing can get in. Is there a reason to use an oem pcv instead? New knowledge gained by the boards?

I can understand getting another hose to hook to the front krankvent...

So this hose would see 15psi if i was running 15psi boost? Guess i had better get new hose clamps and a new hose...

Would the crankcase bleed off pressure into the intake under an intake vaccum situation only? :confused0024:

Thanks

Edited by KevinL87tsi

krankvents eliminate the stock oil seperator, i have krankvents and the oem pcv. unless you have a lot of mods and no stock mass i would just keep the oil seperator. that sucking sound you hear is from the oil cap. you need the pcv inline as a restrictor.

krankvents eliminate the stock oil seperator, i have krankvents and the oem pcv. unless you have a lot of mods and no stock mass i would just keep the oil seperator. that sucking sound you hear is from the oil cap. you need the pcv inline as a restrictor.

This is how i hooked up mine years ago, (drilled out stock pcv to allow it to restrict airflow somewhat, small kv after that then intake)

Krankvent FAQ by Boosted One

never really had a prob with the setup until this hose blew off... i didn't think it took full boost or i would have replaced it a long time ago and bought new clamps.. good thing i wasnt pushing the car, just got it running again after a few months of sitting, noticed the hose popping off after short drives around the neighborhood.

Thanks for the info guys

Edited by KevinL87tsi