4g64 Starion mods

Well, looking for around 800rwhp. I've started looking at a GT42 turbo, along with bigger fuel injectors (1600cc) and two more Walboro 255 fuel pumps. Any tips or suggestions would be helpful. Oh, and I'm still trying to decide weather I want to go with an auto or manual tranny.

Here's a list of the current mods:

Engine:

2.4 4G64 wide block from mid 80's van

Race ported 1g 4G63 DOHC head w/ 1mm oversized SS valves.

Crower valve springs

HKS 272/272 cams

Magnus Motorsports SMIM

Accufab 75mm throttle body

Wiseco Forged Pistons 8.7:1 and .040 over

Eagle Forged Rods

Stock 2.4 crank

Bottom end 100% balanced

balance shafts removed

Ported 2g DSM exhaust manifold

Forced Performance 8cm ported Red label Turbo

3" mandrel down pipe, 2.5" pressbent exhaust

Tial 38mm external waste gate

Competition clutch stage 5-6 puck sprung clutch

Stock '88 5 speed trans w/ Stedebani shifter

Suspension:

Ground Control Coilovers

Tokico Struts

Aftermarket sway bars (front and rear)

Camber plates up front

Electronics/fuel:

1G DSM Eprom ECU

Maf Translator GEN2

AEM wideband A/F gauge

Stewart Warner Boost gauge (40psi), Fuel pressure gauge and water temp gauge

Alpine CDE-9874 CD Player w/ ipod connection

Keyless entry

HID headlights

Denso 780cc injectors

Walboro 255 inline Fuel Pump

Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator

Edited by mgrissom

I don't get it? Why buy that car and then tear it apart right away? Why not enjoy it the way it is till you actually brake something? A lot of guys never get them back together after they tear them apart to make them "better". Edited by StarquestRescue

Well, I'd hardly consider what I'm doing to it tearing it apart. I'm buying a new fuel pump, fuel injectors, and exhaust manifold anyway. I might as well take the next step and get a bigger turbo while I'm at it.

The car's built already, I won't be tearing anything down.

I put an aeromotive 1000 in a customers car, VERY noisey. I then upgraded it to use a surge tank and a 2nd low pressure pump to feed the surge tank. Quieted the whole thing down quite a lot.

You're going to need a built T56 or a built auto to hold that kind of power.

I would also look for a turbo with a billett compressor wheel.

I doubt it's possible(multiple turbo companies), but something with a billett comp wheel, dual ball bearings, and the extended tip turbine wheel would be completely retarded.

What kind of situation do you want 800rwhp for? Meaning, 40-45psi on C16 only?

Also, there's no problem with running multiple fuel pumps. Is300's/Sc300's/Gs300's/Supras run twin and triple pumps(Denso or Walbro) all the time.

Edited by JustPaus_88TSi

The transmission on the car is going already, has been for a while and was only meant to be temporary. I'm looking into a built T56.

But, I'm looking for 800rwhp with C16 (or pump+meth -- if possible). I'll look into a turbo with a billett compressor wheel though. Danke :)

Haha, I was looking at an Aeromotive 1000 but someone suggested multiple smaller fuel pumps. I think I'll just go with the one then, thanks.

Always use two pumps instead of one when trying to get the best possible fuel supply . Sounds like you could have a nasty set-up once done ..

Always use two pumps instead of one when trying to get the best possible fuel supply . Sounds like you could have a nasty set-up once done ..

Thanks for the input, I'm going the fuel cell route so I think that will make using two pumps even easier/appealing.