Luis/Louis S. AKA spooling

pnyklr

Howdy again all its been a while but I have been back and forth in court over my 87 Blue Starion. While the car was no showpiece and it needed some work I ended up selling it for $500 a few years back - dont get me wrong I drove the car upstate and got many good miles out of it. Anyway - (a board member on starquest.net)(Spoolup/Big D/And now I think BoostinBKNY) came to look at the car with his "cousin" . they gave me the $500 and drove off with the car and a few parts nothing exciting. A few months later he had the car for sale for $1200 but he had removed the leather interior (thats his prerogative and I did question it)

Now the worst part I get a $300 ticket in the mail on the car from Brooklyn (who knows what the impound towing fees would have been).Seems like the car was stripped and abandoned somewhere in Brooklyn and the department of sanitation picked it up and it was impounded and then crushed.(coincidentally where he was from of course) I called his cell phone left messages never a call back. Finally I got him on the phone he told me his cousin bought the car that he would get in touch with me with his cousins information that he knew nothign about it that he didnt talk to his cousin.

(didnt even give me his "cousin's" name. I had to miss two hours of work

(this time) and provide any and all evidence I could find to rid my name of this ticket for a car I sold. Well I went to court and the judge was very nice and understanding and told me she would notify me in 30 days. AMEN I got a response today that the ticket and all charges were dismissed. I'm so happy, but just giving everyone fair warning. But hey I think he still has my leather interior in his car which is now for sale on the board.

If you're bored and go back and do a search on the ads I posted on starquest.net and he posted about the car , he coincidentally edited them the day I left the 1st message about the car. (Of course I had printed his before and after posts and presented those in court as evidence) just an over all bad deal I've learned my lesson and will be wary on who I trust when selling a car.

• 4 weeks later...

I know this may be a late warning for you but perhaps this would save some one else the problem.

I don't know about the state your in but in California the DMV has a small form called a change of ownership.

You fill it out and have the buyer sign it. It saves the buyer address and drivers license number for you so if the buyer never re-registers the car into his name and something happens like that ,  you can just send a copy with the citation to the court house and be over it.

Just to add to what Metric-man mentioned, it's also often referred to as a "Release of liability". It's to protect the previous owner from anything happening between the time of sale and the new owner registering the vehicle (if they ever do at all). If nothing else, get a driver's license number, the address on the driver's license (and their current address) when selling a car. As you've discovered the hard way, it sucks to have to deal with paying for a car that's not even yours anymore.

A "bill of Sale" also does wonders.

Party selling, I sold XXX to XXX for x amount, on this X date. I also put id DMV info on the bill.

I always do this for any car I sell, or buy. It saves alot of hastle down the road.

I ouce found I bought a stolen car, thanks to the bill I had they tracked the guy down, I got my money back, plus a reward. Appearantly he had many warrants, and other outstanding wants.

Oh forgot to mention I dug up a bill of sale I had with the guys name on it

I think that was my saving grace pisses me off that the guy didnt have the decency to call me back or even respond to my posts here or on starquest and he is a member of both . He even denied owning the car when I IM'ed him online

oh well - its over with can i get an AMEN

Now that you have his name, please post it here (Full first and last initial only) along with the city/state he resides. Email addresses & his username(s) on this site would be helpful as well. This info would help others identify him in the future.

No prob his name was Luis or Louis S. from Brooklyn NY

His AOL screenname was BKNYCIVIC@aol.com

He had a gold starion or conquest for sale a while back on the boards

I think he had it for sale under BIG D and SPOOLINUP on starquest

I think he had it for sale under BIG D and SPOOLINUP on starquest

We'll need more than an "I think". Big_D shows up as living in Wisconsin and just signed up on 4/12/03. I can't find a username of "spoolinup" either. We don't want to accuse the wrong person here.

I do show a "spooling" with the email address of bknycivic@aol.com, though.

The guy was Luis/Louis S. of Brooklyn NY

He had a Gold Conquest / Starion for sale under the name BIG D/SPOOLUP on Trance's board I couldnt  find him on this board  but Im 90% he used to be a member on here .

His AOL screenname at the time was BKNYCIVIC

Before I go on, I just want to make sure you understand that I'm not coming down on you at all, I'm just trying to get things straight.

Tristarion doesn't have a member "Big D", but there is a "BigED".

I was able to verify that "spoolup" on Tristarion.com is the same person (at least by AOL email address) as "spooling" here on StarQuestClub.com

So I've changed the title of this topic to reflect this. Please let me know about this "Big D", as I really want to make sure we're not unfairly labelling an innocent party.

No confusion... what I'm trying to say is that there isn't a member on Tristarion that goes by "Big D". We have one here on StarQuestClub.com, though... specifically "Big_D". So are you sure this "Big D" was on Tristarion? Are you positive it isn't a different name or that it was the "Big_D" from this site?

• 4 weeks later...