I am VERY HAPPY to be a........

grazel3793

anyone else glad to be a bears far today??

First Jay Cutler

then Orlando Pace

its a GREAT day........

Fixed it............im very happy with the bears recent acquisitions. (sp?)

Cutler is good but be warned he is a crybaby. First time the word "trade" is even thought about he will cry and sell his house. Then he wont show up for camp or meetings and when he IS traded will say and I quote " That isnt how I wanted it to go."

You'll see if it was worth the 2 1st round draft picks soon enough.

I hope the bears do good again this year but am glad to be rid of the whiney arse little kid Cutler.

ENJOY!

Broncos suck but Im still a fan.

I think it was great move and we didnt sacrifice much. Not like they ever do anything good with their 1st round draft picks anyway. I'm very excited for this coming season. If Cutler can hook up with Hester its going to be ON.

You guys beat me to it. =)

A few more points to note:

* Denver's Defense was EVEN WORSE than CHI last year, producing less than HALF the turnovers and red-zone opportunities. Orton and Turner really failed to capitalize on those chances to score, while Cutler had more TDs with longer fields.

* Denver's run game was horrible last year. Chicago's was stellar. Yet both the Denver passing and CHI run games were good even when opposing D's knew what they had to stop. CHI now has both

* last season Bears had ZERO, yes ZERO true passes over 30 yards (taking away yards after catch), despite Hester burning many many DBs. Should be fun giving him a catchable deep ball off play action a few times per game

* Cutler's salary for the next two years is actually LESS than Orton's!!!! - leaves more for supporting cast...ie FA vet WR and Defensive help

* We also no longer have to pay 1st round money to this and next year's draft picks

* Bears actually DO get a 1st rounder next year, it's just the 31st pick...so basically a trade down assuming next season fares well.

* Orton single-handedly lost the 2nd Vikings game with his countless INTs and horrible play. Game manager? not so much, at least no more consistent than ol' Rex, but with less upside. I still wish them both well. Including Orton in the deal really helped both teams move on. Nice move Angelo.

Hopefully the coaching changes will shore up the Defense, which other than turnovers was just horrible last year. Sooo frustrating.

one more thing - here's us:

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10168/Bears_qb.GIF

Edited by mstieg

EDIT: ^^^^^ What took YOU so long to comment? LOL

Expect Burress or Holt to be signed next.

Also, If the Blackhawks win tonight they will clinch their 1st playoff berth in almost 10 years.

SO excited.

Edited by Mazarin

No way in H.E. double-hockey-stick will CHI ever consider bringing in Burress and his BS. Everybody on the Bears boards is clammoring for Holt. If cheap he should be a better Moose possession receiver. Not a fast, break-away guy anymore, but would help the youngin's. I wouldn't mind Joey Galloway who reportedly hasn't lost a step yet.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention:

* Cutler played college ball with last year's draftee WR Earl Bennett...and liked him so much that he flew down to Bennett's pro-day workout to throw to him! - how's that for some instant chemistry? He also played at Vandy with our #1 tackle draft, Chris Williams, who hopefully can move to LT to allow Mr. Pace to keep at his normal "only-2-sacks-allowed-all-year", uh....pace.

Hopefully EB develops well with Jay plus a FA vet WR and Hester = good set of WR corps + 6'3" Greg Olsen catching over everybody at TE and Mr. 1-dropped-pass-all-season Forte out of the backfield.

I'm still worried about our crappy defense, and hope the coaches get their shat straight. What worked great for one game against Indy should not have been a season-long game plan. Who puts Urlacher on the line of scrimmage pre-snap nearly every play then expects him to cover receivers 30 yards deep and still stop the run?? Dumb-dumb-dumb. 54 is still good. Our coaches are still piss poor. At least the O will be exciting for once!

Good thing Ditka is gone or he would beat Cutler to death first time he whined about anything..

Cutler has skills I will give you that...............being a real man aint one of them....

they had his jersey online on the bears website about 4 hours after the trade...haha.....i wonder if any of the bronco fans are looking for orton jerseys haha

i watched the interview with him on the bears website i think he really is happy to be a bear even though ron turner didnt want him in college to play for illoinois...i think he will do well...i just hope that he is not the next rick mirer i remember that trade very well...wow what a bust he was and so was the kordell stewart experiment....