GP: MOOKEEH MK1 2.5" & 3" SS EXHAUST SYSTEMS

101PROPOSE

I received my 304 3" and while looking at it, I noticed that the bolts/nuts included aren't SS. I'm thinking of purchasing 1.0" longer SS hardware for it. Any reason why I shouldn't?

Tks,

Jms

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you pm me the total balance due with shipping to 20011, thanks, P.S. ur inbox is full.

Thanks

Davie.

Davie,

your total balance is,

$299.99(final GP) + $100(muffler) + $62.99(s & h) = $462.98

$462.98 - $100(your deposit) = $362.98

14. Divvie ----------------- 409 3" ss muffler ----------------- $100 received --- s&h via ups ground $62.99

About that small discrepancy on the exhaust clearance at the turbo there is plenty of clearance on my s16g so could have definetly used more steel there to stop a potential leak. Mookeh you could have kept it thick in that area then offered a new wastgate plate with the new shape.

The product is high quality looks very nice good manufacturing job.

macrophage,

thanks for the tip. i will check on your idea of modifying the wastegate plate.

The only thing that i was wondering is has anyone installed their new exhaust with the wideband at 10:00 where 101 welded the bung?Does it clear everything because he forgot to weld my bung in the b-pipe so i figured id ask before i received the bung and welded it on myself :confused0024: And if i could use a mig welder to weld it on?thanks,Gary

toofast,

sorry to hear that. i already sent out an o2 sensor bung for you.

using tig will have better finish...i think.

thanks,

Just got mine installed! It went fairly easy for the most part. I am glad that the noise at idle is not obnoxious. Gonna take it out later to hear it under boost!

The biggest issue I encountered with the install is that the bolts supplied were about an inch too short so I had to stimulate the local economy to the tune of ~$6 and get new ones.

1989Quest,

sorry about the short bolts..just realized that they included shorter bolts this time somehow

i will contact them and see what they can do about this issue...and let you know asap.

thanks,

toofast,

sorry to hear that. i already sent out an o2 sensor bung for you.

using tig will have better finish...i think.

thanks,

Thanks 101 for the update,i just cant wait to get it on and see how it looks and sounds :ylsuper:

See post # 334

I thought I did not send enough money for the exhaust??? Did I??

Also do you still have the intake plates with the velocity stacks for sale? Or did you ship one? If you did I owe you money

Edited by Dred_85.5_TSI

Just got my exhaust and ss muffler today. Downpipe has a small dent but other than that its all good. Thanks Mookeeh!

Only recommendation would be to sell them with SS bolts as well.

The adjustment on the muffler, what exactly is that changing? Is it sound as well as flow? Also why is the center pipe for the muffler tilted downward?

Edited by ColdScrip

Remove the entire assembly. The muffler is a straight through design so it makes no sense (for performance purposes) to have anything clogging up the exhaust passage.

By insert do you mean just the adjustable plate or essentially the whole assembly that is blocking the outlet?