4G63 TRANNY ADAPTER? PLEASE HELP

95silvia

thats what the whole thread is about..... I hopefully plan to attempt the swap sometime within the next year. If one of you guys are going to order from there give me a holla and maybe we could order it together and save on shipping and agravation.

thanks

being a ex supra owner had mk3 w/1jz-gte with 698whp i am telling you from 1st hand the  w58 tranny is very weak any thing more than 300whp you are getting some problems and the r154 is a little better start to fall out arounr 700whp make sure if you dont listen to me make sure you run royal purple in tranny and change every 5000 miles tranny will last a little longer

The 2.6 to supra conversion can indeed be used for the smaller 4G63.  Check out Heefners similar post

http://www.starquestclub.com/index.pl?boar...;num=1094040392

What CRS do is make a sandwitch plate that sits between a factory belhousing and the supra box.  Now the bellhousing is an Aus only spec and can be found in either 2.6 (4G54) or 2.0 (4G52).  Now the belhousing bolt pattern is the same 4G52 & 4G63 so all it would mean is they need to source the smaller belhousing.  heefner had pics that may explain it better.

In summary when speaking to CRS ask for the bellhousing from a '2 Litre GH-GJ Sigma' combined with their plate will do exactly what you need.

The 2.6 to supra conversion can indeed be used for the smaller 4G63.  Check out Heefners similar post

http://www.starquestclub.com/index.pl?boar...;num=1094040392

What CRS do is make a sandwitch plate that sits between a factory belhousing and the supra box.  Now the bellhousing is an Aus only spec and can be found in either 2.6 (4G54) or 2.0 (4G52).  Now the belhousing bolt pattern is the same 4G52 & 4G63 so all it would mean is they need to source the smaller belhousing.  heefner had pics that may explain it better.

In summary when speaking to CRS ask for the bellhousing from a '2 Litre GH-GJ Sigma' combined with their plate will do exactly what you need.

the 2.0 and 2.6 have 2 different bolt patterns.

Hell the 2.0 has two bolt patterns. Narrow and Wide.

Most USDM 2.0 are narrow pattern.

So a wide 2.0/2.6 pattern is useless.

I asked them specifically for a plate that would bolt to a 2.0 mitsu.

They said they do not have one.

• 1 month later...