he, he check this out

just curious..... what is that motor out of? is it from an overseas starion or is it from an eclipse? cause soon i might be getting a complete motor from my buddys talon that needs to be rebuilt and was wondering if it will work, motor mount location wise? if i do get it it will be free so i figure why not? i know someone that can make a custom bellhousing for which ever tranny i would want to use.

yea its a 1st gen motor that suffered the infamous broken timing belt. im still not sure what hes doing with it. he bought the car from a shop for 200 bucks w/o title. the original owner left it there for like 6 mons. to a year so they sold it to him. he wanted me to fix it but its pointless if he cant get the title. so i might take it and keep the motor and anything else i want and sell the body to someone that wants it for an all out non-street legal race car since you probaly cant get a title for it. anyways thanks for the info!

When the devil saw this, even he said "dayum, thats a mean **tch"  

http://www.tappauto.com/images/picsvids/707pull.wmv

I am not sure if this is a 1G swap, but if you can get around the crank walk issues, the 2G engine can make some nice power.  This thing is daily driven!  Unreal!

Well right now the head is back off so we can tweak a few more things.

Time is kinda tight right now as school is starting back up (college).

SO we get togeather when we can.

Well Joe has the -6 return lines made, and has ordered -4 feed lines. The -8 was just rediculous...

We actually spent most of yesterday (the couple hours we had free) resetting the cars vertical position. We relifted and put different stands under it because after a few hours no matter, the car would sway with the breeze. But now it has ramps under the front, and 4 stands under the rear.

SO hopefully today the head will get back on, and possibly the slave cylinder will be mounted. He also has the Megasquirt stuff ordered (AGAIN) and has been waiting over a week so far... SO the trans will have the mounts and cross members bolted up today as well.

Joe was all excited to get the new airdam the other day, then went to remove the bumper and the bottom half is suffering from cancer... We are going to try a few things to get it solid again.

Joe and I got alot done today. He was getting ready to take a few pics when I was washing up and getting ready to leave, so maybe they might be posted up later today.

They are some showing some tight clearance of the intake/steering box, the Strut bar set mocked on, with the engine so yes they will clear easily if you already have them. The relocated turbo (flipped back around) and loosely bolted on, the intake is mocked on, with the new flange welded on...

We got the drive shaft in, the trans bolted up(to the trans cross member) just have to get the 2 mount nuts, the starter is in, the water pump was removed to get a length of tube inserted and possibly welded up. The head is back on, not torqued though. The motor mount plate was "massaged" to clear the starter, a  3/16" W X 1-1.25" long piece was cut out of it.

Maybe later Joe will get the timing belt back on, and maybe even the Radiator.

We came up with riviting/welding on sheet metal to temporarily repair the bumper cover bolts.