hood and free mods

new to the site so im hoping im doing this right! ive been seeing this stuff about free mods i have a 89 conquest tsi would like to know what free mods i can do and saw pic #92 terry wilsons where did he get that hood? is there any websites that have aftermarket stuff for these cars thanks for your help   jlbait

The hood on Terrys car was made from the stock hood. With the cowl added to it. It does look great.. There is one member on here with the mold for making fiberglass cowl and the 83 style hood. He doesnt have any spares made right now , I think. His user name on here is GARY..

Also go to the group purchase forum there are lots of parts there and in the forsale forums.

Steven

Welcome to the board

welcome, and not to hound on you but this will probobly get moved.  For questions go to virtual mechanic or advanced virtual mechanic. this forum is supposed to be for completed mods and how to do them etc.  even though it doesnt always look that way.  http://www.t-racing.com/  there is everything you want to know about free mods.  Matt and Luke did a very good job with the site and making sure they document everything they did.  But just a heads up.  make sure you know what you are doing and dont just blindly mod your car.  The tainter boys are very knowledgable and they have a long list of stuff they did and results given but no two cars are identical.  I suggest you get a better knowledge of your car and how everything works on it before changing.  If you dont have emissions test by far the first biggest restriction to these cars is that precat.  If it gets clogged it has very ill effects. turbos do not benefit from a restricted exhaust.

good luck and have fun with the car

• 3 years later...