3" full turbo exhaust

All I have to say about my full 3" exhuast is WWWOOOOOOWWW!!!!!  Thanks, KELLY (just in case your still surfing the site)!  I had the JC Whitney flex piping installed and my Bosch 3 wire O2 along with my SuperTrapp on it, it is EXTREMELY LOUD!!!  hee hee.  My ears were hurting, it is that loud, but then again, I didn't have a hex tool with me so I could install the plates and shield, so it will be a little quieter.  The guy said he didn't want to try to install my CATCO cat because with the way the exhaust sits on my Starion, he thought it would rub and bang my underbody, so we opted not to install, yet (no doubt it would make it quieter).  But man, at 16-18 psi, my 14g spools up instantly at highway speeds and is not as sluggish as it was with the crush bent 2.5" that was on the car originally at lower speeds and rpm's.  I am excited to find out what it performs like with a 20g!  We're having fun now!  

Oh, I also had a Ravine muffler (Midas version) installed on my 99 FSC GMC Z-71, 5.3L V-8 and I am on my way to pick it up.  The guy who replaced my Gibson muffler with the Ravine says it is LOUD.  I got a real truck now.  I'll edit later about the sound and performance, but he said it is DEEP.  Gotta love V-8's!

D.

Update #1:  Well, I will be the first to say DON'T buy a SuperTrapp and run it with the diffuser plates.  I am SO disappointed with the diffuser plates installed, the car was so quiet and had no power compared to running it wide open.  I honestly believe I would have to run over 30 of those plates to get any sound out it and still not get the power I had with it uncorked.  

I had trouble pulling away from a Ford Focus with an exhaust mod (maybe intake).

My plan is to replace it with a Ravine muffler similar to what I had put on my Z-71. NOW that is a SWEET muffler, oh, the sound is so cool and ya know, there is nothing quite like a V-8 at full song, eh?  And can I say that my Z-71 is running faster now?  Oh, yeah, it smoked the right rear tire for about 25 feet and I am running 305's on it!!!  

D.

do a favor and look in to the summitracing muffler

WLK-17223

it is the best flowing muffler out there and not too loud but very deep,

and 40 dollars after a 20 dollar mail in rebate!

50 state legal

just check it out!

1 awsome free flowing muffler

also i have the catco cat  and it never rubs, works great

cto-6007

I some how doubt the Summit can outflow a SuperTrapp uncapped.  There is absolutely nothing restricting it except for the 3" core.  I admit it's a bit loud, but it is very deep and considering I paid $180 for it shipped from Summit, I am going to get my money's worth out of before I go with something different which may or may not outflow my current setup.  I would hate to lose the power and responsiveness I am getting from the SuperTrapp (boost on demand).

:D

Well, supposedly the Ultraflow flows better than straight pipe.  That's hard to beat.  I figure if it flows even close to as good as straight pipe then it's definitely good enough for me.  Plus the WLK-17223 and WLK-24222 are available for $60 and $35 respectively.  I like that ;D

http://home.earthlink.net/~tmahon281/image.html

-Tim

when looking through the wlk-17223 it is 3 inch dia in and out

BUT

in side where it is in the 6 inch round part of the muffler, the middle

between the in and out

where it goes to 6 inch outer dia

it is actually 3.5 to 4 inch inside dia

perferated pipe, smooth with many holes,

that is where it gets its flow!

i have a hks 2.5 inch with 3 inch muffler great sound good turbo spool and power i have no complaints with 2.5 exhuast.

I replaced a full 2.5" crush bent on my 87 Starion with Kelly's 3".  The 3" is far better than any 2.5" you can put on one of our cars; it simply flows so much better.