88 with 60k

BrazilBoy

Just a caution. I had a car shipped back by sea and the entire interior was severely molded by salt water exposure. The electrical connections suffered too. Many times they don't try very hard to protect the vehicle. Insurance totalled it but I lost a car i really liked.

Just a caution. I had a car shipped back by sea and the entire interior was severely molded by salt water exposure. The electrical connections suffered too. Many times they don't try very hard to protect the vehicle. Insurance totalled it but I lost a car i really liked.

my cabrio and quest were shipped from seattle to here no issues what so ever

Your car was probably on the main deck of the freighter, not in a ships hold or a sea van.

When I was in the US Navy they shipped my '66 Charger (plus our household goods) from San Diego, CA to Oahu HA in 1969. Then the Navy shipped her (plus our household goods) to Guam in mid '69 when the USS Kamehameha SSBN-642 Missile Submarine's home port was changed from Pearl Harbor, HA to Guam. Both times via freighter.

When the Kamehameha had it's homeport shifted from Guam to Charleston, SC, in mid 1970, the Navy shipped the Charger (plus our household goods) from Guam to Charleston around Africa via freighter. They flew my family & me to Charleston. What a cluster **ck!

Never had any damage done to the Charger.

:offtopic9gk: BTW when the Kamehameha was going into the shipyard for a complete overhaul in early 1971, the Navy transferred me to the USS Scamp SSN-588, back in San Diego. We drove from Charleston, SC to San Diego, CA.

I still have the Charger and I think that I have the ONLY '66 Charger, in existence, that has gone completely around the world.

For What It's Worth.

KEN

Edited by Starfighterpilot

Your car was probably on the main deck of the freighter, not in a ships hold or a sea van.

When I was in the US Navy they shipped my '66 Charger (plus our household goods) from San Diego, CA to Oahu HA in 1969. Then the Navy shipped her (plus our household goods) to Guam in mid '69 when the USS Kamehameha SSBN-642 Missile Submarine's home port was changed from Pearl Harbor, HA to Guam. Both times via freighter.

When the Kamehameha had it's homeport shifted from Guam to Charleston, SC, in mid 1970, the Navy shipped the Charger (plus our household goods) from Guam to Charleston around Africa via freighter. They flew my family & me to Charleston. What a cluster **ck!

:offtopic9gk: BTW when the Kamehameha was going into the shipyard for a complete overhaul in early 1971, the Navy transferred me to the USS Scamp SSN-588, back in San Diego. We drove from Charleston, SC to San Diego, CA.

I still have the Charger and I think that I have the ONLY '66 Charger, in existence, that has gone completely around the world.

For What It's Worth.

KEN

Thats an awesome story...very cool my brother in law is a blackhawk piolt he has done the same with his car but its a Honda CRV, I know he will be oh so jealous of your ride.

For What It's Worth.

KEN

that's the first time I have seen / herd the words cluster f*** since leaving the corps oh the nostalgia.