engine swap help

bingtsi

ok i was a member of the old site a while back but i joined the millitary and i will finally be back home in 2 weeks and i need to work on my car. but i blew the engine right before i went in and iwas wondering what the best engine swap would be ive read alot of your posts on the v-8's, other engines i would just like some input on a good enige swap because i would like to try somthing new, i dont neccisarily want to put a v-8 in it, but i just dont know what to do, has ne one tryed a honda s2000 motor??? basicly im looking for a kinda simple swap but i want better performance than the 2.6 obviously... so any info would be greatly appreciated... thank you

bingtsi

In stock form with no added power addders then what its got, the 2.6 has way more potential then the S2000 motor, and for the price of the S2k motor you could have an easy 400 hp..... And if you got the S2k to 400hp the 2.6 wold still have at lest 100 more TQ which = more wheel spining fun :). The 2.6 has propeld the Sakura to mid low 7's.... You must be wanting to go faster then that ;D. And any engine swap will coust money for like coustom headers, drive shaft, and mounts......

the words "simple" and "swap" do not even belong in the same paragraph.

there "simply" is NO SUCH THING as a "simple" swap.  or, i guess, the only simple swap is to swap in a stock motor.  anything else abd you are in for a lot of pain and money.