Magna and SDS... fast idle selenoid

Boosted_One

I found a good use for the 3/4" tube sticking out of the TB on the Magna.  If your using an SDS system with a fast idle selenoid and the provided TB from Glenn then this may interest you.

I took an air compressor fitting, the ones that go on the ends of your pneumatic tools so you can snap your air line on it.

I use JB weld on the threads and the base of the fitting. Then I screwed the fitting into the port. It basically self taps into the brass port on the TB. With the fitting screwed in and JB Welded on it, it isn't coming out.

That fitting will now run to your fast idle selenoid IN port.

I am at the JB drying stage and will post pics as soon as I have the relay wired and the fast idle selenoid mounted.

Stay tuned SDS users...

Hey, i've got basically the same set-up as you, except in pieces, do you have any tips or suggestions? I'm just waiting for the intake to arrive from Glen, but I have the 20G and SDS, and also getting in on Kelly's 3" exhaust.

I and others have a good amount of info up on the boards...look around on this mods board, I have some info up here.

Try an overall search and you will find lots of info from Chip, Darryl, Lizzord and others that are into it.

If you have any specific questions feel free to email me.

Boy are you in for a performance surprise! ;)

PERFORMANCE SUPRISE!! No kiding its way diff in the good kind of way :), i think many ppl would be happy with 15psi on 12a its just that much power! I will be dissapointed every time i drive a quest that isnt mpi from now on, but who cares i have one LOL. Its made it SOOO much more funn to drive!!

Now all i got to do it get this thing to idle and start good and i am good to go. Also i installed my coustom 3-3.5in exhaust system today and it sounds nice not a whole lot less noise then non tho :) at lest its out the back and looks cool made the ride a lot better.