misc noises. help in diagnosis?

hickabilly

Noise #1

Sounds a bit like valve tick (maybe a bit tinnier)- seems to come and go randomly, but is usually always there for 2-5 minutes after start up. I would be inclined to think it was valve tick, if it weren't for the fact that I only recently replaced the hyd. lash adjusters (and springs and retainers and seals) about a month ago. -and I was absolutely methodical in the job. Torqued everything to spec via the manual. Other than that minor tick, the car's running beautifully- great idle, great power, pretty quiet. Before we go assuming that I somehow messed up that job, is there anything else under the hood that's prone to making a similar noise? Timing chain tensioner? Exhaust leak?

Noise #2

Vibration noise that's been around for quite a while. Usually only makes itself known under acceleration. It sounds like it's coming from somewhere around the passenger footwell. I've had a look around that area for anything loose -even checked in the glovebox- but can't seem to find anything. I've also checked to make sure none of the exhaust system is hitting the engine or undercarriage, but there's lots of space. Unfortunately, I never have passengers, so I haven't been able to have anybody look for it when it's there. Has anybody ever had a similar noise in a similar place??

Thanks.

Noise No. 1 - "Sounds like" one or more exhaust manifold fastener(s) are loose or missing and/or a cracked exhaust manifold.

Noise No. 2 - Did you check all the turbo heat shield's fasteners and the threaded collar which attaches the tubing from the Secondary Air Cleaner to the exhaust down pipe casting for tightness?

For What It's Worth.

KEN